• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GPS-- Lowrance XOG vs Magellan Crossover

mjd99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone get to use both? Im leaning more towards the Magellan due to claimed batt. life being longer. I plan to use for Jeeping (want to try geocaching also) Motorcycle, Snowmobile (which does not have a charging system), and hiking. And for the other 90% of the time daily driving. Anyone have any help? read a few posts in the adventure forum and searched but theres just a TON of info to try to sift through. Also, retail is 399$ for the crossover and 250$ for XOG. I found a few crossovers on ebay that claim to be new for 250$ any way i could get screwed out of a warranty that way? or possibly get and older model with not up to date software or something? Thanks alot guys

I run the XOG, and love it.... I did alot of research before buying, and felt it was best bang for the buck by far.

I bought my Crossover from compuplus.com. Was $332...quite a lot less than the $499 it was going for last year.

I use it a ton while making sales calls, but I've had it hiking, and on the water, also, and it's great. The battery life is really good.

The "armor" is a little cheesey...just a rubber sleeve that comes off, but it's better than nothing.

Steve

I LOVE my Crossover. Does everything I need or want, works great for in car nav and the outdoor mode is great. My first trip out I had forgotten to take the car adapter and with using the "hold" mode which turns off the screen whenever I was going to be stopped for more the 15 minutes, it lasted 10 hours on one charge. I figured I had it in hold for no more then 2 hours total so as far as I am concerned, it rocked.

Oh, here was the kicker. I was looking to pay in the $350-$400 range until I was pointed to this...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...ang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10613-Cat21269&topnav=

You don't have to be a member but non members pay 10% more. Even at with that, it is still less then $255. Mine was $239.98 shipped to my door.

Buy this unit!!! You'll love it.

Oh man, that's cheap enough to get a back-up.

Have you tried the MP3 or photo viewer, yet?

Steve

SteveT said:
Oh man, that's cheap enough to get a back-up.

Have you tried the MP3 or photo viewer, yet?

Steve

Yep, they work like umm... a photo viewer or an MP3 player. Okay, I only tried each on once to see it work but did not dive into all the features of what they will do.

Now you have me curious what all it will do. :D

SteveT said:
I bought my Crossover from compuplus.com. Was $332...quite a lot less than the $499 it was going for last year.

I use it a ton while making sales calls, but I've had it hiking, and on the water, also, and it's great. The battery life is really good.

The "armor" is a little cheesey...just a rubber sleeve that comes off, but it's better than nothing.

Steve

FYI for anyone else...they're like $229 from costco online.

Apparently most aren't too impressed with the Jeep GPS. Plus its freakin weird lookin

Jeep-to-Roll-Out-An-Ultra-Rugged-GPS-Navigator-2.jpg

Back