• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Simpson III

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Will be my new home away from home after selling my Dodge 1 ton and camper.
20090808_2301.jpg

20090808_2303.jpg

20090808_2304.jpg

The boys like it.
20090808_2305.jpg

Oh I plan on it. It's got a couple of issues I need to get resolved. Both could be from the box getting dropped or something but the aluminum U shaped peice that slides out and holds the rain fly away from the door is bent and super hard to slide in and out. And in that same area on the cover there is a tooth missing in the zipper that makes it impossible to zip the cover all the way around.

Kurt Williams told me that ARB would stand behind any problems. I'm just waiting for a call back from him. I'm sure both issues will be taken care of quickly.

I'm sure Kurt and ARB will...

How do you like the changing room? Enough room for both boys to sleep?

If you find the mattress thin have the Mrs look for a deal on a Featherbed. I picked up one for winter use, it helps with the mattress as well.

I'm sure Kurt and ARB will...

How do you like the changing room? Enough room for both boys to sleep?

If you find the mattress thin have the Mrs look for a deal on a Featherbed. I picked up one for winter use, it helps with the mattress as well.

Cool, good to know. The kids are going to sleep in the Jeep. Now we have two I'm going to convert Tobe(the dog)'s bed to a place for TJ to sleep and fold the seat down for Kirsten to sleep on the floor. However there would be room to sleep on the floor if that didn't work out.

I think having a changing room will be great for just that...getting dressed.

every forum has that "One dude" the one that has it all.. the guy with the viper on the dodge forum.. the guy with the sponsership on the streetracing forum..

To me, On naxja.. you are that guy. your jeep is my faverite!

every forum has that "One dude" the one that has it all.. the guy with the viper on the dodge forum.. the guy with the sponsership on the streetracing forum..

To me, On naxja.. you are that guy. your jeep is my faverite!

Wow...I don't know if I should take that as a huge complement or an insult.

Only because I know "that guy" and I always hate his guts. :D

Yep, killer setup for sure. Have you spent the night in it yet Ryan?

Did you find the LED light strip mod that some have done over at Expo? I have a small LED battery lantern inside mine but the strip is on the list. You can probably find mention of it on StumpXJ's build thread here as well.

Hi Dr Moab, when you have a chance could you post a few pic's of the mechanic's of the platform? Nice Truck, Thanks

Hi Dr Moab, when you have a chance could you post a few pic's of the mechanic's of the platform? Nice Truck, Thanks

Can you wait a couple weeks? My wife and I are making a six day tour of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming for our tenth anniversery. While we are set up Id be glad to shoot some photos. What area of the "platform" are you interested in?

Can you wait a couple weeks? My wife and I are making a six day tour of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming for our tenth anniversery. While we are set up Id be glad to shoot some photos. What area of the "platform" are you interested in?
i would like to see the way it attaches to the roof. does it require an aftermarket rack or does it come with its own support system straight to the gutter rails?:greensmok

i would like to see the way it attaches to the roof. does it require an aftermarket rack or does it come with its own support system straight to the gutter rails?:greensmok

You can mount it several different ways. There are two aluminum channels that run down both sides. In each channel you use these little sliders that hold a bolt. I have four Thoule load bars and it is attatched to each load bar by two of those bolts in the channel and another flat piece of steel that goes on the bottom of those two bolts under the load bar. Kind of like a flat u-bolt, if that makes sense.

The guy I bought mine from has his directly mounted to his rack in the back of a Tacoma pickup. The rack was designed for that tent and the holes in the rack directly line up with the holes in the bottom of the tent that the aluminum channels normally bolt to. Clear as mud?

I'll try to get some better pics later on. If you have seen Overland XJs set up it's real close to the way his is mounted.

I wanted it on something that I could quickly get on and off or move to the wifes jeep if I had to.

(typed on my iPhone so this could make no sense)

What parts of Montana and Idaho are you coming to?

Back