• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arizona Strip/Grand Canyon Adventure

GHFCWheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Recently completed an off road trip with my friends in the Arizona Strip for a week. About 475 miles driven off road with the added bonus of camping on the north rim of the Grand Canyon every night! We had rock crawling, mud, snow and clearing trees and brush from seldom used trails. Incredible vistas and campsites with no one else around. Cooking over a campfire and great fellowship. If you want to read the whole story, our trip leader Explorer 1 did a great write up on 4wdtrips.net at the link below. Tried to include a photo in this post, but it did not quite work. Not sure what I did wrong, but check out the write up with photos and movies.

http://www.4wdtrips.net/forum/showt...trip-North-Rim-Grand-Canyon&p=80584#post80584

Highly recommed this trip for those with a heart for adventure and a desire for going to a very remote area.

To borrow a line from Explorer 1, "Through all the roads you travel in life make sure some of them are dirt".

Fraturnally yours,

GHFCWheeler

Last edited:
i;ve wanted to do a trip along the N. Rim for years... I'm concerned that it'll be closed up before I have the oppurtunity...
Thanks for the link GHFC...

Curt

By the time your kids are older this could be impossible. A lot of the area written about is under threat of closure.

Could be. No way I'll be able to give it the time it needs though until they're older. If I'm lucky I might be able to swing a quick motorcycle adv trip through before then though.

Could be. No way I'll be able to give it the time it needs though until they're older. If I'm lucky I might be able to swing a quick motorcycle adv trip through before then though.

Take them young dude! We had our kids both out camping long before they turned a year old. I just don't get why this scares people so much.

People used to cross the country in covered wagons giving birth to kids along the way. In a well padded car seat there is nothing to fear.

Back