• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Simpson III

Yellowstone Wed-Fri. No clue after that. Its kind of a "go where our nose takes us" kind of trip.

Nice time of year for Yellowstone. It's cold enough at night now that most of the really obnoxious tourists don't want to camp, plus most of the kiddies are getting ready to head back to school.

If you and the misses make it over by Helena or even Missoula, let me know and I'll be glad to buy you a beverage or three of your choice.

If you and the misses make it over by Helena or even Missoula, let me know and I'll be glad to buy you a beverage or three of your choice.

We just might do that. One of my ideas was to work our way through Missoula and south through Salmon to get home. I'm trying to stick to every backroad I can. I used to live in Missoula and later in Clinton...by Rock Creek.
I wouldn't mind making it back over that way to camp another night.

Hi Dr Moab, when you have a chance could you post a few pic's of the mechanic's of the platform? Nice Truck, Thanks

Maybe this will help you visualize. Pic is a Hannibal RTT without the shell, you can see the bows/webbing that open and form the structure as the platform is opened like a book.

Hannibalskeleton.jpg

And a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIp3fgSBI0

Ryan, after Yellowstone check out Bannack SP's ghost town and Virginia City. Then hit Sweetwater Rd to Dillon,Mt. That would be a nice scenic ride. I did this on my Montana/Wyoming trip 2 years ago. Pics are in the thread here.

We just might do that. One of my ideas was to work our way through Missoula and south through Salmon to get home. I'm trying to stick to every backroad I can. I used to live in Missoula and later in Clinton...by Rock Creek.
I wouldn't mind making it back over that way to camp another night.

Right on. I've been working in the Bitterroots all summer and will probably be around Darby off and on for the next month.

Back