• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loaded clips?

clips you can have loaded just fine
hairclip.gif

Magazines on the other hand.. yes, rotate the rounds out, shoot them, use them and buy a new spring every couple years.

In theory for SHTF scenario consider having your mags always loaded....

A few years back I read an article in American Rifleman about an "attic find" of a WWI vet's stash of his .45 and several loaded magazines. Left to sit for over 80 years, that same question came up...Are the springs wasted?

Nope. Pistol, ammo, and mags functioned just fine. I keep 13 rounds in my 15 round mag for home protection. If I need more than that, I'm in big trouble.

Steve

Plus, replacement springs are available pretty easily. Wolff, I think is one brand name.

Got several Glock factory mags for my G22 that stay full all year and I have some cheap aftermarket ones I take to the range and only load with 10 rounds while there. Never had any probs with factory ones but my aftermarket 15 rounders won't feed if fully loaded thus only filled to 10 rounds. I only take the junk to the range because I have been ripped off a couple of times at the community range. I never leave my firearm while I go to reset a new target either. At least not at that range.

C85D4x4 said:
Police Officers leave there extra magazine's loaded

Police Officers = dumb-@$$es who don't know $h!t from Shinola. Asking a cop about guns is like asking a 16 year old droopy-pants gang-banger about muffler bearings in his Civic with a trash-can tail pipe. He's try to make you think he knows what he's talking about, but no. Just no.

[/hijack]

SCW said:
Police Officers = dumb-@$$es who don't know $h!t from Shinola. Asking a cop about guns is like asking a 16 year old droopy-pants gang-banger about muffler bearings in his Civic with a trash-can tail pipe. He's try to make you think he knows what he's talking about, but no. Just no.

[/hijack]

Ok...ok...calm down

I was just making a observation.........and there is no need to insult Police Officers

You can leave mags Loaded for decades with no effect, What wears out the spring is cycling! Loading & unloading the mag;
And you can probably cycle a USGI mag a thousand times before it begins to show some fatigue in the spring.
I have seen 1911 (45ACP) mags function perfectly that sat loaded for 30 years.

Zuki-Ron said:
I wonder what the Military teaches folks about loaded clips?

Ron

SOCOM says: keep 28 rounds in a 30 round mag. the followers are the only problems i have encountered, but i use magpul mags now, so its a non issue.

SCW said:

[/hijack]
Not all. I would think my good friend and I are gun smart. He is a sheriff and I am in private security. He has over 70 guns, AR-10, AR-15, M4A1, MP5, G22, G27, 1911s galore, just to name a few. I have a G22, only need one he brings plenty to the range to shoot for the both of us. :D So when you say something like that say, most don't know there gun from a hole in the ground. Now that is true because some of them I wonder how they remember how to take apart the Glock to clean it, let alone to shoot it properly.

Back