• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy GPS topo maps?

I would just like the Appalachians from northern GA/SC and NC. Maybe some in VA/WV border area but mainly NC at least..

PM me, When I get back from VA next week, I'll send it out. Lemme know how much you want or your troubles.

Handlebars said:
Are you sure you can't just stop by Albuquerque on the way to VA? ;)

Seriously, I had a GPS V, it only had 19mb of memory. I'll bet the GPS III has even less so it would only store a limited amount of maps. You would probably want to choose your area carefully. Also, if you already have any detailed road navigation maps from City Navigator or City Select they would be written over with the topo maps.

If you really want to, I'll pm you my address and phone # and you can send it out. Lemme know.

The Topo maps do have road still, right? A bunch of topo lines does you no good if you don't have the roads too...lol.

ZacSquatch said:
I would just like the Appalachians from northern GA/SC and NC. Maybe some in VA/WV border area but mainly NC at least..

PM me, When I get back from VA next week, I'll send it out. Lemme know how much you want or your troubles.
If I let you pay me for it then everyone is going to think that I will put maps on their GPSs! Are you shipping it UPS or through the mail?
BruceB83 said:
The Topo maps do have road still, right? A bunch of topo lines does you no good if you don't have the roads too...lol.
Topo shows roads but it is awfully hard to tell the difference between a road and a Topo line on a 2 inch screen. The roads are not routable on Topo like they are on City Navigator or the 24k Topo maps. Once again, I gave some details on how the different Garmin map programs look and what you can do with them here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=928602

UPS most likely.. we have a company account

Handlebars said:
If I let you pay me for it then everyone is going to think that I will put maps on their GPSs! Are you shipping it UPS or through the mail?
Handlebars said:
But you are going to do mine when I get my new one...you already committed...:wave1:

Handlebars said:
Topo shows roads but it is awfully hard to tell the difference between a road and a Topo line on a 2 inch screen. The roads are not routable on Topo like they are on City Navigator or the 24k Topo maps. Once again, I gave some details on how the different Garmin map programs look and what you can do with them here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=928602
I gotcha...I wouldn't really need it for routes...just to make sure I'm on the correct road.

Back