• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Old Gun Collection

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Well so far the newest gun I have was built in 1939 (Technically I own a brand spanking new Ruger .22 but I won't get that 'til Sunday). Figured I'd post up some pictures and descriptions for you all.

All of these guns came from my grandfather. There should be two more as well but we haven't been able to find them.

Colt 1903.

.32 Caliber Pocket Pistol
Very nice shape and shoots well, just not too accurately ;) (3.75" barrel)
Built in 1922
Colt-1903.jpg

Wards Western Field 47a (Mossberg 45A rebranded)
.22 tube fed bolt action rifle with 4x optical scope
Beautiful aftermarket wooden stock.
Built in 1937 or 1938.
Mossberg-45A.jpg

Winchester Model 94
.30-30 tube fed lever action rifle with closed sights.
Built in 1939.
Winchester-94.jpg

Remington Model 33
.22 single shot bolt action rifle.
Built in 1934 or 1935
Remington-Model-33.jpg

So... That's them.
Sequoia

I'm liking that Model 94

i have one of the john wayne comemrative model94's. its a ,mantlepiece but still a very good looking gun. i want to get one that i can shoot though

Got my little Ruger on Sunday (been too busy to even think of NAXJA this week).

Ruger-Mk_-III.jpg

Just a Ruger Mk. III standard model with a 6" barrel. .22LR. Nice and cheap to shoot, fun plinker / target gun. Had about an hour of free time on Monday so went down to the range and ran some 300 rounds through it, didn't even try to really hit stuff as I still gotta get used to the gun but it was still fun ;)

OH yeah, shot the .22 rifles a couple weeks ago as well, still gotta take down and clean up the Model 94 and take it to a USFS shooting area or legal BLM area since I can't exactly use it at the indoor firing ranges around... ;)

You really like your .22's don't you?

I've got an old Winchester Model 62(1935-36) pump action that is a blast to shoot.

I like the lever action rifle, Ive always wanted a .45 lever action and .45 revolver but alas I shouldnt be allowed to own a gun of any sort. Ive actually shot our pellet gun at my neighbor to make a point he was in the wrong yard

I've been really wanting to buy/build an International Harvester M1 Garand.

Not a cheap weapon to piece together. You got the Garand collecters, and the IH nuts driving the prices up.

I'd like to get an M1 Garand. I like old guns...

For now my only WW2 rifle is the one I just picked up, my Communist Carbine, 1944 Mosin Nagant M44

M44.jpg

One of these days I may actually have enough time to shoot said guns!

GSequoia said:
I'd like to get an M1 Garand. I like old guns...

For now my only WW2 rifle is the one I just picked up, my Communist Carbine, 1944 Mosin Nagant M44

M44.jpg

One of these days I may actually have enough time to shoot said guns!
You can currently place an order for an M1 Garand in decent shape through CMP (google Civilian Marksmanship Program). IIRC they start at about $500.

Oh yeah..... Guns are meant to be shot... just like jeeps are meant to be wheeled.... so go wheeling where you can shoot and you can get both things done at once :D

Last edited:
rokclimbertx said:
been loking for deals on older Colt 1911's
Yup, those are definately gorgoues firearms! I recently acquired (just gotta pick it up) a Colt Government O-Frame in .380. It's an interesting firearm as it's a mini 1911 in a way: straight pull trigger (none of the swivel crap), full length crip (Mustang and Pony have shorter grips). Just perfect.. pocket sized gun :D

DrMoab said:
The thought of all you So Cal hippies with guns is just weird.

Who would have ever thought....
Hey.. I just live here..... G is the hippie in the group! I shoot on a regular basis and have a pretty decent collection going for up close and personal.... and the distant friendly touch as well :D

Damn straight I'm a hippy. One of those gun toting off roadin' hippies!

Fawk up close and personal, why would I need to shoot a piece of paper at under 7 yards?

PS - The budget is waaaaaay not there for a Garand as much as I'd like one...

Kejtar said:
Oh yeah..... Guns are meant to be shot... just like jeeps are meant to be wheeled.... so go wheeling where you can shoot and you can get both things done at once :D

I don't have the time for guns and Jeeps right now :( I've shot all of them except the Mosin and Winchester though, Sharpshooters in Torrance is in a conveniant place and the .22 rifles are good there (of course).

After things calm down here (hopefully by late August / early September) I'll do a run up to Angeles or Burro to fire those rifles, I doubt I'll get the time to scout out a good BLM area (plus it'll be damn hot!).

Now speaking of Jeeps and guns, when snow starts falling I plan to visit the shooting area off 2N02 to play ;)

Back