• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a part

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my clutch working again after driving it with no clutch almost 5 month. I also got an AX-15 in (finally) but I seem to be missing an adaptor that goes from the tranny mount to the tranny. The two holes in the mount are farther apart than the four in the tranny so there is no chance that the mount will work with either set. If anyone has the part I’m describing I could sure use it. Or if anyone knows that my assumption that I’m missing a part is incorrect…:doh: I could also use pictures of this area if anyone has any.

It’s the stuff between the cross member and the tranny that I’m trying to figure out. I have an extra cross member. Thanks for your help I could really use some pics.

I assume you allready checked that the tranny mounts were compatible between the peugot and the ax 15? I don't remember any adaptor bracket on my aw4 just a exhuast mount bracket and an tranny mount.

after a quick look at kragens website the peugot uses a diffrent tranny mount than the aw4s and ax 15s looks like you need a new tranny mount, I think I have one rolling around you can have its missing one stud of the bottom 4 that go on the crossmember though.

I have the new tranny mount for the AX-15 and it doesn’t look like it will bolt to the bottom of the tranny. I’d love for someone to tell me what I’m doing wrong be that’s not it.

Bronco said:
It’s the stuff between the cross member and the tranny that I’m trying to figure out. I have an extra cross member. Thanks for your help I could really use some pics.

Sorry about the pics, i had kids and stuff on my mind.

I'll shoot you some as soon as I can. So you have a later crossmember and a later tranny mount and a later tranny?

2625.jpg

Is this the one you have?

Ya that’s the one. I’m using the original cross member but it has the right holes in it for the mount. I called J$W and they are sending me what sounds like the part for $30. They say it has four holes on the tranny side and two on the mount side, so hope that will do it. Thanks for all the help I’ll tell ya how it turns out with this part.

Bronco said:
Ya that’s the one. I’m using the original cross member but it has the right holes in it for the mount. I called J$W and they are sending me what sounds like the part for $30. They say it has four holes on the tranny side and two on the mount side, so hope that will do it. Thanks for all the help I’ll tell ya how it turns out with this part.

Well that sounds good, let em know if it doesn't work out.

testfit1.jpg

http://www.industryfigure.com/berkeley/Jeep/index.htm

I'm such a web wheeler! :D

mmmm. Klune goood.

Well I think I'm good to go. I got “the part” from J$W and it came with another mount and all the hardware. I don’t have time to check it out tonight but it looks good. Should have it on tomorrow night If all goes well.

Back