• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Heater Core ? Inlet and Outlet?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be flushing my Heater Core out this week on my '01 to free up some heat and just try and get the cooling system cleaned up. Just trying to verify that the Top hose coming thru the Firewall f/the Heater Core is the outlet side? The lower hose coming off the water pump is the Inlet hose? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any of those nice drawings that show the coolant flow thru the 4.0 XJ?

Thanks.

I'm going to be flushing my Heater Core out this week on my '01 to free up some heat and just try and get the cooling system cleaned up. Just trying to verify that the Top hose coming thru the Firewall f/the Heater Core is the outlet side? The lower hose coming off the water pump is the Inlet hose? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any of those nice drawings that show the coolant flow thru the 4.0 XJ?

Thanks.

The outlet from the engine come from the thermostat housing. The water return from the heater core go to the water pump.

Back