• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker Questions

I'd also like to point out a rookie mistake for anyone looking at this for engine advice in future years. When I restored the vehicle I removed the original engine because 2 cylinders weren't getting compression.

This ended up being because of some sticky valves. I should have kept the original engine and out a new head on it. I would NOT be in this mess if I had done that. I didnt understand what was going on at the time but I wouldn't know as much as I know now if it weren't for these experiences.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The product I recommend is the BG44k, not the one you referenced.

The product I recommend is the BG44k, not the one you referenced.
Thanks. Ill get that. I also have an appointment for Monday at the shop. I told them its strictly to diagnose if my timing jumped as well as a compression test and a test on my upstream 02. I think the results will give me a good idea on where to go next

Put the 44k in my tank last night and drove an hour and a half on the highway at 75mph which let's the jeep sit at 2,300rpm. Nothing jumps out to me as a crazy improvement but I have to do that drive again tomorrow so that will give it more burn time

Ok guys so heres what's up. This rig is on its last leg. On a cold start it's especially bad it high idles for 2 secs while shuddering and then evens out but I have stumbly horsepower for the next few mins. I've gone through everything.

Since my head is new from December along with push rods and rockers theres nothing that needs to be done there. The work is all below. Still a machine shop quoted me on 2.2k to rebuild it with new stuff. This is not economical since I can buy a new stock for much cheaper. Stroker or not I really need to get an engine from a website that isnt shady and hasn't been known for shoddy work.

Was looking at golen but they test their engines with no air filter. Doesnt set the bar high for my confidence in a good engine

Re-read post's 6 and 14, it's either do it yourself or "you'll never know"!

Re-read post's 6 and 14, it's either do it yourself or "you'll never know"!
The problem is that I dont have the equipment, skill or time to do this to my only daily driver. I would much prefer to do my own work but its sadly not possible so I'm in a pinch

Then you might as well go down to Oreily's! :tears:

I did not think you were serious. The engine you linked says it will not fit a 98 xj. I will have to try on my computer and see if they have one for my year plug n play

Back