• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Happy Thanksgiving

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
From the land of ice and snow...

2019ThanksgivingMorn3OPT.jpg

I get to figure out just how well I can grill a turkey in the snow this year. :rolleyes:

I think I am going to need more coals than usual.

Lol...you call that snow?

I spent Thanksgiving night winching wrecked cars off highway 138 at midnight so I could get by the 15 that was closed due to a foot of snow.

I would rather be winching cars than spending the night in the ER while the docs try to figure out if the MIL's blood pressure of 220/98 was going to be the end of the line for her.

Good news is evidently not. She has an infection she didn't know about. But it took until 3am to get that conclusion.

I will grant that our snow isn't much. Not enough to sled in. Hardly enough to scrounge up a snowball. OTOH, it is nice to not have to move large quantities of the stuff out of the way. We get nice pictures, and then it goes away all by itself. I am good with that.

From the land of ice and snow...

2019ThanksgivingMorn3OPT.jpg

I get to figure out just how well I can grill a turkey in the snow this year. :rolleyes:

I think I am going to need more coals than usual.

We had more snow in Death Valley than that. Down to the 3,000 foot level. At 5,000 foot level, over 6" of snow.

Of course, then at home in NY, we're looking at 12-16" between the two storms. Uggggh.

Hawaii has no snow in our area. Something tells me I'm on the wrong coast, no matter which coast I'm on.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR

Back