• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 OBDII CONNECTS GOES THROUGH PROTOCALL BUT TIMES OUT

Clones

NAXJA Forum User
I have a basic code reader that has a check engine light. It runs like it has a misfire on a cylinder I wanted to check the codes and see what was going on. But when I connect my scanner it goes through the process of checking all the ports. But then claims it timed out once it completed all the ports. Any suggestions?

I have a basic code reader that has a check engine light. It runs like it has a misfire on a cylinder I wanted to check the codes and see what was going on. But when I connect my scanner it goes through the process of checking all the ports. But then claims it timed out once it completed all the ports. Any suggestions?

Key needs to be in run position but engine not started. Worst case, you can do the key-on-off trick and count the blinking light.
http://www.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_manually_retrieve_fault_codes_on_a_1996_Jeep_Cherokee

Back