• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cracked manifold.......

Tacowhip

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys, found a crack in my exhaust manifold, probably from when my passenger side motor mount bracket went. Looking for a good replacement that will hold up and not crack again. Not trying to break the bank either. Is Dorman, Omix-Ada, or crown a good replacement option? I hear the high priced ones crack as well.
41bcba57609fdc6e86234a23c74840de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pick up a Dorman replacement

I've been running a Dorman for about 5 years now. No complaints.

I did install some new Brown Dog Rubber motor mounts, at the same time I replaced the exhaust. I suspect the old stockers were flexing to much, and was adding strain to the exhaust.

I've been running a Dorman for about 5 years now. No complaints.

I did install some new Brown Dog Rubber motor mounts, at the same time I replaced the exhaust. I suspect the old stockers were flexing to much, and was adding strain to the exhaust.

Don't forget about the trans mount.

Yeah, I replaced the motor mounts when I put on a brown dog super bracket for the right side when the bolts snapped in the block. The rubber was blown out on the mounts. Trans mount looks good, no separation or squashed out. Been hearing good things about eBay manifolds. Either way, at least I know I have options besides $400-$500 Quadratec manifolds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently installed an Ebay stainless manifold, roughly $70 shipped and claims to have a 10 year warranty.

I have no idea how you'd exercise that warranty in 8 years however...

All that said, it fit my Renix well, seems to be a quality unit, and came highly recommended by other XJ owners.

DSCF6223.jpg

I recently installed an Ebay stainless manifold, roughly $70 shipped and claims to have a 10 year warranty.

I have no idea how you'd exercise that warranty in 8 years however...

All that said, it fit my Renix well, seems to be a quality unit, and came highly recommended by other XJ owners.

DSCF6223.jpg

Do you have a link to that one? I'm on a hunt for a new header and all the reviews I'm reading and what people are saying on cherokee forum are that you have to weld washers to the ebay units to make them fit properly. Not against doing that but if I can get one that fits properly I'd rather do that.

Is it leaking? I dont see soot, which Id expect if it leaks.
I've had 4 jeep 3 of them have had cracked headers and none of them has soot around the cracks. Dunno why cause it would seem like it should but eh.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Might want to consider looking into an ATP header, part number 101212. Summit Racing and Amazon both have it listed at $161.99. Speaking of which, it seems to have pretty good reviews on Summit's website, biggest complaint seems to be the intake/exhaust gasket that comes with it. Comes with new flange bolts and nuts and a new donut. Apparently, it's also made of stainless steel (albeit 400-series stainless) and has a lifetime warranty.

I went with the Ebay header. It came in yesterday. I took the calipers to the flange and its definitely thinner like others have mentioned. Looks like I'll be tack welding some washers in place.

I'll be ordering the OEM gasket from the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back