• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior lights — how do you shut them off?

Heavyopp

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ

I have to be missing something — how do you shut off the interior lights without closing the doors

The rear light works to turn on and off the lights when the rear hatch is opened but no matter the position of that switch I cannot open a passenger door without having the lights come on

What am I missing?

There is no off position when turning the light switch fully clockwise — I had read that there might be an off position there

Trade your Jeep XJ for a Jaguar XJ.

Then you can savor the joys of Lucas Electric components.

As opposed to knowing that every time you open a door the lights will come on, instead you will never be totally certain what is going to happen with any given switch at any given time.

Ok so now I know there’s nothing to keep looking for

I was thinking a toggle switch wired into the interior light circuit and mounted On the backside of the front light assembly would work just fine — just need to read the wiring diagram to figure out what wires to interrupt

Back