• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj not starting right away

alyssanicole

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 88 jeep Cherokee. when i go to start it, its not wanting to start right away. it will take 10-25 seconds before it starts (extended crank period), if im lucky. its even worse if i don't start it every day. But whats weird is that once its started you drive 5 mins to the store and go in come back out and it starts fine. Its just cold starts. Im running out of ideas on what to do about it. i put a new fuel pump and filter in it, distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs, coolant temp sensor, crankshaft and fuel pump relay. i need some ideas please!

Turn the key to On for 5 seconds and then Off. do it again. See if it starts quicker. If it does, it's most likely your injectors are leaking down overnight. Volvo 746s are a great upgrade injector.

May be the check valve in the fuel pump. Had this happen in my 99. When the engine was off the fuel would slowly go back into the tank

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back