• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Blower control wire in ignition harness

npcherokees

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing a remote start and I need to hook up the power to the blower motor, I have a diagram from a remote start company, but the colors are wrong. Does anyone know what color this wire is in the ignition wiring harness is. It is niether of the black/white wires. :wow:

Depends? are you just tryng to feed the motor or the control head? head is red w/lt gn stripe. motor is blk w/tan stripe for high.

I am trying to have the blower motor come on at what ever speed it is set on when the auto start turns on. The acc wire feeds power when the auto start is activated. I tried the red w/lt gr stripe it didnt do it. The only black w/tan wire I can find is on the back of the fan switch. It blew the fuse on the auto start.
I tried the 12volt/com already, it doesn't show the heater control wire. thank you anymore guesses, I will try the installer tomorrow if I can't figure it out. They just did the install on my GC two weeks ago. This was the one the took off.

I wish I could remember but it has been so many years since I installed mine I'm drawing a blank. I took a look at the link from a previous post to try and jog my memory but still not sure...It said black/w white stripe for accessory there. this is the wire your looking for I believe (could be blue or the black w/orange stripe also). If you want to find the right wire (I assume you have a test light or at least access to a volt meter) it will be one of the large wires coming directly from the key switch that runs next to the steering column. the wire you want will have power when the key is in the RUN position. This being where the key rests before your crank the engine to start it and where it sits while it's running. Use your test light and probe the wire you think it is, it should be resting at ground until you turn the key to the RUN position. It should lose power while cranking and then get it back once started.

on mine i didn't have to wire anything to my blower or any other accessories. i just make sure my heater is on whatever setting i want it on, and when the remote start starts the vehicle, everything is powered through the factory wiring.

so my heater does exactly what settings i have it on.

Back