• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Quest.......

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
When I sold my trailer last week I thought it would be simple to replace with a smaller one. NOT EVEN.... because of Covid there are no new trailers on the lot and the used market is $3-5K over priced and selling like crazy. No wonder my trailer sold for $27K in only three days, I should have been asking more.

The only contact I have on one is a broker in Florida selling a trailer in Seattle, these guys are very hard to work with when it comes to good information. The one I lost out on, the guy(consignment) was a asshole and I didn't even feel good about the paperwork.

I look at least 3 times a day but there isn't to many in the size that I'm wanting (21-22').

The market has gone wacky for this stuff up here in the frozen North too. My wife and I have been looking at camper vans for a couple of years now, and the used market has all but completely dried up. The few that remain are either beat-up, dirty, and gross, or grossly overpriced.

The search continues and isn't looking promising at least time wise. I see about 1 trailer a day that might work for me but it usually comes down to size/weight.

Quest over!!! I just brought home a 2014 Kodiak 24' with slide-out, it's just what I had been looking for!

I picked up for 14.2k which I thought was a really good deal for how it was equipped.

It was a private sale but the key was "cash", so when your standing there and can say "what's best deal, cash on spot" it goes a long way!

I will add the work continues. It didn't come with solar or a generator plus the electric tongue jack needs replaced to.

I will add the work continues. It didn't come with solar or a generator plus the electric tongue jack needs replaced to.

Details, Details. That's just "making it your own"...

Much to my surprise everyone recommends the Harbor Freight generator???

Much to my surprise everyone recommends the Harbor Freight generator???

I bought one and I am very impressed! At 1/3 the cost we will see where this goes......

Luckily I have 2 brand new Optima Blue tops that I bought for the Stealth but I never installed them. Now I need to order up some solar panels. They seem to be in short supply also!

It was a extremely busy weekend starting with a good wash/wax then cleaning the inside. Went thru everything individually for a complete evaluation of all the systems. Started replacing all the lamps with led (ran out, more coming today). What the specs said about only having brakes on one axle was incorrect and we got those tuned up also. The were no usb outlets so those along with a ton of other things will be showing up over the next couple days. It's only a ton of $$$!

Back