• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Make your camping reservations now!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The time has come to make your camping reservations for SoCal Fest. As usual we will be unofficially taking over a portion of Serrano Campgrounds. Since we are not able to reserve a loop of our own you need to place your reservation early so we can fill that loop up.

We are unable to reserve sites in our usual loop this year. Instead we will take over the front loop, The Summer Wind Loop. Please be respectful to other campers and treat the campsite well. To reserve just go to Recreation.gov. This link will take you directly to the Serrano Campground reservation page, select your arrival date and length of stay and hit search. Then simply select your desired site. Select a site between 004 - 033 to stay in our loop. If that loop fills up overflow to any available site. This loop will accommodate tent or dry RV camping. There are RV full hookup sites available on-premises.

Also get reimbursed for one night of camping! See here:
With a $500 grant from National through the Membership Growth and Enhacemnt Program the SoCal Chapter will cover some of your lodging fees for SoCal Fest!

Here's how it will work

• The Chapter will pay for one nights camping fee ($28) at SoCal Fest
  • If you have a double site with at least two NAXJA members you will be reimbursed $56
  • If you stay at a hotel, rental cabin/condo etc, we will reimburse $28
  • You must be a red letter NAXJA member at the time of SoCal Fest
  • You must provide us with a copy of your receipt

So it pays to become a member of the SoCal Chapter!

And remember the March Membership drive is coming up as well. Renew or become a NAXJA member in March and be eligible for some valuable prizes.

Here is a summary for the more ADD folks...

Main Camp: Serrano Campgrounds
Sites to Reserve: 004 - 033
Reservations: Recreation.gov
Base Camp (dinner, raffle, etc): Site 025/026

Map of facility:

Click to enlarge.

Last edited:
Carol, Karen, Eddie, and the Cairns are in 19 & 20!! Naxja HQ Overflow is site 22.

Wow, so close to the Camp host?

I just booked the buffer zone in hopes that my 5yo will be in a somewhat safer area anyways, # 39...

Wow, so close to the Camp host?

A: There is a camp host in every loop. In the usual Evening Star loop the host is the first site on the right as you drive in.

B: This and the RV loop are the only open loops in Serrano until Memorial Day weekend.

well I am actually happy its this loop. I was able to get a full hook up spot within about 50 ft of main camp :)

Making Reservations now!

Reserved site #21 for Friday and Saturday nights. Now, to see if I can actually make it. I will be a single vehicle with a tent - anyone want to split a site? No snoring allowed :)

David Bricker / SYR

Peacefrog and I are booked for site # 14/15 for Friday and Saturday nights

04 Available as of 1/24
05 Available as of 1/24
06 Available as of 1/24
07 Available as of 1/24
08/09 Available as of 1/24
10 Available as of 1/24
12 Available as of 1/24
13 Available as of 1/24
14/15 Peacefrog and Brandon77
16 Available as of 1/24
17 Garrett83
18 SCRedneck
19/20 Carol and Karen
21 David Bricker
22 HQ Overflow
23 Nimrod
25/26 NAXJA HQ Sequoia
27 WazzuXJ
28 Karstic
29 Lurch
30 Available as of 1/24
31 Red Devil GTO
32/33 Souske, CaliXJ, Johnnie Walker
34 Available as of 1/24
36 Mako
39 Rwkhaus
40 RocknXJ

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm booked for campsite 30 with a friend. I'm new to everyone with the exception of WAZZJUXJ who helped me regear last summer. Would there be a problem with two small tents on a campsite with an XJ and a YJ?

Hi everyone, I'm booked for campsite 30 with a friend. I'm new to everyone with the exception of WAZZJUXJ who helped me regear last summer. Would there be a problem with two small tents on a campsite with an XJ and a YJ?

As Mako said you'll be fine. A single site allows up to eight people and two vehicles. The way that works is vehicle one is included in the base fee and vehicle two needs to purchase a $5 extra vehicle pass. As far as I know there is no limitation on the number of tents per site as long as you don't exceed the maximum number of people.

One reminder for everybody. Serrano requires you to back into[/i] your parking spaces. This rule is in place in case there should be a forest fire. If you nose in they will come talk to you and tell you to flip it around. Serrano can be a bit rulesy.

04 Available as of 1/24
05 Available as of 1/24
06 Available as of 1/24
07 Available as of 1/24
08/09 Available as of 1/24
10 Available as of 1/24
12 Available as of 1/24
13 Available as of 1/24
16 Available as of 1/24
17 Garrett83
18 SCRedneck
19/20 Carol and Karen
21 David Bricker
22 HQ Overflow
23 Nimrod
25/26 NAXJA HQ Sequoia
27 WazzuXJ
28 Karstic
29 Lurch
30 engreric
31 Red Devil GTO
34 Available as of 1/24
35 Boss CHerokee
36 Mako
39 Rwkhaus
40 RocknXJ

Glad to hear you are coming out Eric!

Also, if anyone would like to double up in Site 27 shoot me a PM.

Thanks Don, yeah it'll be good to see you again and meet some new people. Ever since I got my jeep two of my friends jumped on the bandwagon with a yj and a wj. We've been doing a lot of work and driving around azusa canyon ohv, I feel like I'm turning into a mechanic in the late hours after work =) I can't wait to do some some real trails now.

Take care,
Eric

04 Available as of 2/15
05 Reserved
06 Reserved
07 Available as of 2/15
08/09 Reserved
10 Available as of 2/15
12 Available as of 2/15
13 Available as of 2/15
16 Available as of 2/15
17 Garrett83
18 SCRedneck
19/20 Carol and Karen
21 David Bricker
22 HQ Overflow
23 Nimrod
25/26 NAXJA HQ Sequoia
27 WazzuXJ
28 Karstic
29 Lurch
30 engreric
31 Red Devil GTO
34 Reserved
35 Boss CHerokee
36 Mako
39 Rwkhaus
40 RocknXJ

Updated.

Anyone make reservations that are not on the list?

JeeperJohn's splitting site 19/20 with me & Karen (like just me & Karen don't cause rumors enough! LOL)

Back