• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling 09

TJLewey

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, to all you XJ's,

Its me Tim (deaf guy with blue tj busted front end). I just want to say thanks to all you guys for helping me out, Charles, Santa, Tom, Gary & Dillion, Thanks to you guys, awesome, Hope to see ya'll again this friday-saturday before ya'll head back home. If not, hopefully next year, and just like what charles once said, its a jeep, it dont matter what kind. but im starting to like XJ's after all, Tom's rig is really sweet, i like the whole set up, Santa's rig, thats one rig you'll need to get anywhere safely (hence the roll cage) but over all, everyone has an awesome jeep, especially Dillion's whole custom drive line set up. Thanks again, want to see pics soon, i know you guys took pics of my crack while i was taking the front end apart hahaha. see ya. Timothy Jay Lewey (TJlewey):NAXJA:

Glad you got home safely. Sorry, you weren't able to join us on the trails, maybe next time.

Thanks Vince, glad to know everyone had a good time, is anyone going to post pictures? and I am glad to become a member and very glad to know you all. :) will definitally go again next year or go to the nearest next event. I've upgraded my track bar link and some time will do the high steering conversion and then some time will go with elocker or some kinda manual locker so that i can be on the safe side. i am learning as i go. Hope all is going great and safely. Have a good one sir.

Tim:NAXJA:

Glad you got home safely. Sorry, you weren't able to join us on the trails, maybe next time.

Same here and it don't matter what anyone drives as far as I'm concerned (but you might have to take some teasing, lol). Oh and yes I got a few photos of you working on it along with some of the other carnage this week. See ya on the trail sometime.

Mike R

I can handle the teasing, its the trails we all have to see which handles better, KIDDING!!!! anyways, i'd love to see the photos of everything this week if its possible, let me know if you'll post some. sorry i cant make it in this weekend, but next year i will be better prepared and we'll have a blast, 367 days to go, start counting. please send my best to everyone to get home safetly. Thanks for the response. see you on the trails.

Tim:peace:

Here's a few of the photos of you working on your front diff.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Awesome pics, thanks sir. it looks cool, I worked more on the jeep this past weekend, and im still debating on which steering system to go for, the ORO steering system or currie, any advice? have a good one sir.

hey buddy, you make it home ok? i saw the pictures, you busted a tire? hahah, sorry didnt mean to laugh, hey, its a jeep thing, anyways, i saw this Warn Powerplant 9500i winch on craigslist for sale, i couldnt let that good of a deal slip, so i went ahead and bought it (it has a air compressor) so next time you get a flat, i'll air ya up :), anyways when i got home, i went ahead and uninstalled the locker and decided to be on the safe side for now, (honestly dont really like the way it sounds on sharp turns on 4x2), so i'll save up for some elocker or some kinda, and im considering getting a ORO-U turn steering system for the jeep so i guess after that, we'll hit the trails, let me know when you want to come up again, april jeep safari or whenever, i'll pick u up from the airport and we'll hit moab. have a good one. oh, anyone get the canopy? just curious. C-ya/ Tim

How do you post pics on here.

You need to upload the pictures to an online server or photo album..... which you can then reference in the webpage dialog for photo links (square with yellow sky and mountains) or hyper links (green/blue globe with chain link) when you post or reply.

Last edited:
Charles, my main man, how are you doing? have you heard from your son, i sure hope so. Anyways, I never gotten to say "thanks for all your help" helping me out fixing my jeep. hope to see you around again some time.

Charles, my main man, how are you doing? have you heard from your son, i sure hope so. Anyways, I never gotten to say "thanks for all your help" helping me out fixing my jeep. hope to see you around again some time.

YOUR WELCOME !!!!
Whether it is wrenching or giving advise; helping out a Jeep owner in need is part of what these events are all about....
On the way home from Moab I was able to talk to my son briefly from Afghanistan.... During his call he wanted information on a 2002 TJ which he is planning to purchase when he arrives stateside....
Hope to see you next year at NAXJAs Fall Fest 2010.

There is a Jeep TJ (1999) for sale on www.KSL.com sahara edition, not sure about the miles, long arm lift kit and 35's tires, selling for 4900.00, could be a good deal, (let me go find the link) http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=8338332&cat=402&lpid= let me know if you see it. or perhaps if your son sees a better one, go for it. and you know what i just learned, alot of XJ's and TJ's have similar axels, drivetrain, motors, gear boxes, etc. the only diffrence i think there is, is just the body style. COOL. well, keep touch, catch you around. let me know when you're in utah or close by, maybe i'll swing by. C-ya. Tim

Back