• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Titan stroker?

I don't have any experience with them but, I would them a few questions regarding the cam, pistons, c.ratio. If they used the appropriate combination that sounds like a pretty good deal.

Thanks that makes sense, I noticed that information on Golen's web site. I liked the three year unlimited mileage warranty. I will PM the seller and ask those questions and post back the results here.

Here is their response.

Hello, The compression is 9.5 to 1. You may have to run mid grade. You won't know untill you install it, your computor will compensate some what by adjusting the timing. We use either a stock cam or a torque cam depending on if you have a stick or automatic. The engines will last as long as a stock 4.0. Thanks, Chuck

It looks to me like most likely premium, for $1,900 this doesn't look like a bad deal, now all we need is for somoeone(like me) to buy it and test.

It looks pretty good to me. According to their list of what they do, its pretty thoroughly done. Looks like they do the bore based on what you want which would explain the lack of detail around displacement. They have a perfect rating with over 125 entries on eBay...

Here is a little more info from Chuck (I asked about power and life expectancy)

Hi, The strokers develop 250 to 260 HP depending on which version and 295 ft lbs of torque with 24 pound injectors. Engine life will depend on mantianice and treatment. They will last as long as a stock 4.0. Thanks, Chuck

muddshutter said:
There engines are REALLY great. I have a 4.6L stroker from them and they offer a big increase in HP and torque. I am VERY happy.

Not to bring an old post back, but what year Jeep did you put it in? Did you have to reprogram the computer. Also does your state require a smog check, and if so, have you passed it with the stroked engine?

I want to bring it back up as well. I also emailed them, asking what if anything I would need to complete the project. They said nothing more than 24lb injectors. Seems like a make-sense mod to me for a XJ with a blown engine. Now I just need to find a really cheap XJ to buy.

A great add on would be a header. I am running a Borla header the only thing is when I really flex it or hit a hole to hard it hits my front driveline. Just food for thought.

Weasel said:
So if theres seems pretty good what would be the benifit of going with someone like Hesco?

Nothing. While Hesco does offer great products for the 4.0, they are way overpriced. I think you can't go wrong with the Titan engine, especially with the 3 year/unlimited mileage warranty:)

Uhh, no. Hesco has been building them for longer, but I'm not going to guess on quality without first hand knowledge. Hesco uses 4.0 rods as apposed to the 4.2 rods. If you don't know the difference there, search it. Also, they offer forged rods and All thier motors come with custom forged pistons. Hesco motors are much more capable of taking boost/N20. You can also option thier aluminum head, which is currently the only aftermarket head out there for I6's. Now is all that worth the price? That's subjective, but there is a BIG difference in what they build, and even Golen stroker motors--one of which I just bought. If $$ isn't a factor, I'd go Hesco, hands down. The are way expensive on most everything though.

Cjmartz2k said:
If $$ isn't a factor, I'd go Hesco, hands down. The are way expensive on most everything though.

You're damned right that Hesco's stuff is way overpriced. I'll give you a good example. I recently bought a Melling HV pump (part no. MEL-M167HVS) from Summit Racing for just $69. Guess how much Hesco charge for exactly the same pump? $139, or double the price. How can they justify that?
There's no doubting that Hesco sell high quality products but boy, do you have to pay dearly for them! Doesn't make sense when you can buy some of the same stuff elsewhere for a lot less.
Another example. Hesco aluminium head $1850, Patriot Performance aluminium head (exactly the same) $1500.

Hesco leads, the others follow. Just look at the stuff they have developed for the inline 6, no one else compares-and they've been doing it a long time, way before most jumped on the bandwagon. As Cjmartzs suggested, Hesco's isn't a budget stroker using 4.2 rods, etc. Hesco builds top-shelf, if you're looking to go the budget route, you need not apply.

As Dyno suggested, you'll find some non-Hesco aftermarket items for less. Hesco is NOT a Jeg's or Summit, it's not what they do.

Hey, guess who's now working on an aluminum block for the 4.0?

Hint: It starts with an "H". ;)

XJZ said:
Hey, guess who's now working on an aluminum block for the 4.0?
Hint: It starts with an "H". ;)

I think most of us already know who that "H" is, and the block is likely to cost over $2000 so that's an expensive way to get a 70lb weight saving. The combined cost with the aluminium head (30lb weight saving) will be on the far side of $4000 and for that money, you could drop in a 5.7L Chevy LS1 and still have change. You'd also save the same 100lb in weight over the front axle.
A fully built Hesco stroker would cost about $5000 and for that money, you could build three budget strokers and I'm sure a budget stroker's going to last at least 1/3 as long as Hesco's.
If you want forged rods and pistons in your stroker, you can still build one with those items for less than $2500. Eagle forged rods are going in e-bay for $200 and forged pistons cost about $600, so the outlay is only going to be about $500 more than a budget stroker with 4.2 rods and cast pistons.
Food for thought.

I work with a guy from Jacksonvile Florida where Titan has it's shop. He and his Dad have used two long blocks from them and they have had no complaints. He said all of thier engines have the highest quality they have seen. Chuck even worked out a Military discount with me, ordering when I get back from training. I'll let everyone know how the install goes.

So does anyone have any more info on these motors?

Are they working well? Any negatives, or bad issues that have come up?
Im thinking about doing the 4.6 unless there is something really bad going on with these engines

Back