• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For all my peeps...

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
In case any of you were curious about what I've been working on as of late, this is the '87 MJ I bought from Lynn after I rolled my XJ.

Before:
MJ.jpg

Initial buildup last year:
MJonsteps.jpg

MJinsand.jpg

After a season of trail beatings:
moab4.jpg

Currently:
flatnasty.jpg

flatnasty2.jpg

I haven't yet skinned the bed or built fenders and a tailgate, but it'll look like a M715 pretty soon.

M715-05-3.jpg

Better not let Eagle see those pics:shhh:

You still got that carrier collecting dust? I'll be talking to you soon about it, with cash....

Jeff

Looking good... you should go post a pic on the RC forum for Lynn to see her old MJ.

I am gearing the axles for my MJ next week, and it will soon be sitting at 6" of lift and 33's. Leah wanted a Jeep to play in the rocks with too. This one will be more streetable than the XJ though.

A.

Andy in Pa. said:
Looking good... you should go post a pic on the RC forum for Lynn to see her old MJ.

I am gearing the axles for my MJ next week, and it will soon be sitting at 6" of lift and 33's. Leah wanted a Jeep to play in the rocks with too. This one will be more streetable than the XJ though.

A.

I did a rear springover, it worked out great. Used shocks for a 3" lifted YJ and mounted them at the centerline of the D44 tube, and a Dakota brakeline. Lowered the bumpstops about 4".

In the front I have Rusty's 4.5" coils and a 1.75" poly spacer, RE drop brackets, Rusty's fixed LCA's and RE fixed UCA's. Used shocks for a 3" lifted TJ. No bumpstop adjustment necessary since the shorter coil compresses completely.

I also made my own 1-ton OTK inverted-T steering and rock proof rear driveshaft. The D44 is spooled and the D30 has an ARB. Still running 3.55 gears though.

The frame enhancement requires a more detailed explanation, which I won't go into here.

Jeff in VA said:
Better not let Eagle see those pics:shhh:

You still got that carrier collecting dust? I'll be talking to you soon about it, with cash....

Jeff

Has Eagle even been here within the last year?

I do still have that carrier & locker, let me know.

Lawn Cher' said:
I did a rear springover, it worked out great. Used shocks for a 3" lifted YJ and mounted them at the centerline of the D44 tube, and a Dakota brakeline. Lowered the bumpstops about 4".

In the front I have Rusty's 4.5" coils and a 1.75" poly spacer, RE drop brackets, Rusty's fixed LCA's and RE fixed UCA's. Used shocks for a 3" lifted TJ. No bumpstop adjustment necessary since the shorter coil compresses completely.

I also made my own 1-ton OTK inverted-T steering and rock proof rear driveshaft. The D44 is spooled and the D30 has an ARB. Still running 3.55 gears though.

The frame enhancement requires a more detailed explanation, which I won't go into here.

That sounds like a good setup!!! It will look sweet once you set up the bed skins and flat fenders.

I think I am going to lift the MJ, then do the 2wd to 4wd conversion.

I am doing similar, I built a D44 for the XJ, and jumped up to 5.13's, so I had the HP D30 and the 4.56's out of that. I scrapped that housing and got a new(er) D30 housing that is getting the ARB and 4.56 gears from the XJ. The front lift is Rockkrawler 6.5" springs (from the XJ), RE drop brackets, and Tomken control arms. ALL of which I have had laying around for a few years (this has been in the works for a while).

The rear is an MJ 44 rear that I am going SOA with, and it is getting the 4.56 gears from the XJ. I have a Lock-Right for it also.

Thats it for now, I still have to figure out shocks, and a buddy has the tranny and Xfer case to make it 4WD. I'll be running 33" Trxus MT's, I got a great deal locally on a set of 5 that I could not pass up.

You going to make it to Nac-Fest this year?

A.

Andy in Pa. said:
That sounds like a good setup!!! It will look sweet once you set up the bed skins and flat fenders.

I think I am going to lift the MJ, then do the 2wd to 4wd conversion.

I am doing similar, I built a D44 for the XJ, and jumped up to 5.13's, so I had the HP D30 and the 4.56's out of that. I scrapped that housing and got a new(er) D30 housing that is getting the ARB and 4.56 gears from the XJ. The front lift is Rockkrawler 6.5" springs (from the XJ), RE drop brackets, and Tomken control arms. ALL of which I have had laying around for a few years (this has been in the works for a while).

The rear is an MJ 44 rear that I am going SOA with, and it is getting the 4.56 gears from the XJ. I have a Lock-Right for it also.

Thats it for now, I still have to figure out shocks, and a buddy has the tranny and Xfer case to make it 4WD. I'll be running 33" Trxus MT's, I got a great deal locally on a set of 5 that I could not pass up.

You going to make it to Nac-Fest this year?

A.

Sounds like a good plan. Recycling parts is great. The only thing to watch out for is the drop bracket braces won't fit on a MJ. Mine is clunky without them, so I was thinking of swapping them over to the '97 XJ and putting the Clayton setup on the MJ. I'm sure you could come up with a brace that would work though.

I have to see what my vacation plans are for the rest of the year. With Paragon's situation, where are you guys going to hold NACFest?

Lawn Cher' said:
I have to see what my vacation plans are for the rest of the year. With Paragon's situation, where are you guys going to hold NACFest?

Stay tuned on that one, we are playing the wait and see game right now....rest assured it will happen though, whether it is at PAP or RC.

that thing looks like ass :)
seriously though, Marks' MJ performs well, and will look cool when the bed is finished.
I might make the trip to NAC fest for a day.

looking good mark. can't wait to see it with the new bed installed...

Back