• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheapest junkyard coiks for 3 inch lift

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i am lifting my neighbors jeep and i need some cheap coils that will give around 2 to 3 inches of lift. i will throw a coil spacer if necessary. i was curious how much some stock junkyard coils woul lift acheap. i know u can use f 150 coils but what years and how much lift do you obtain. also is there any other vechicles i got snatch some coisl from at a wrecking yard?
thanks for help/advice

dellstopjeep said:
i am lifting my neighbors jeep...

Does your neighbor know about this?:laugh3:

1978 f150 coils. At the parts store they call em f100 coils. Just as long as you make sure to get the ones for a 2wd truck.
Im using em with a 2" spacer and got 5" in the front of my rig.
Call carquest, or Napa for em. I paid 60.00 for the pair of mine. @ Carquest.

can i go with 79 f150 coils, i found a set cheap on ebay and i looked on another site and they said coil springs from 77 to 79 are the same.

yes but don't expect much flex, and they will be stiff. I'd suggest not skimping with coils since they aren't too expensive anyway. I went other ways before getting full legnth coils, and nothing compares.

Bullcrap you can expect flex, I love how people are first to say "don't expect much flex" and have not installed them or even ridden in a XJ with them in the front. Check out the pic page for some of my posts with them on. I think they flex considerably well.

"I went other ways before getting full legnth coils, and nothing compares."

Was one of those other ways f-150 coils ?

Yes I have ridden in rigs with f150 coils, just not mine.
I didn't say they wouldn't flex, just not much.
Have you tried full coils?
going by your pics, maybe your Idea of good flex is different than mine:dunno:
I know I'd rather spend another $50 or so and get coils with a better spring rate!
Your rig looks nice....Way too clean though, do you like the mall? LOL

Last edited:
Actually I like the Rubicon trail, as well as many other trails in N CA. A clean rig just means two things.

1. I know how to wash it.
2. I know how to drive it.

CS is in short supply now a days, maybe you missed your dose?

Oh yeah I figured you answer was gonna be something to the effect of
I've ridden in one but it was not mine = Typical unskilled answer.

Last edited:
ZJ coils with 2" spacers.

dellstopjeep said:
can i go with 79 f150 coils, i found a set cheap on ebay and i looked on another site and they said coil springs from 77 to 79 are the same.
Don't forget shipping will be high for those springs if you buy them on eBay.
If your going used. then you should be able to pick up a pair at a local junkyard for $20.00.

search the for sale section here...

i bought my RE 3.5's for something like 30.00 + shipping...

and shipping when i sold some f-150 coils was 12.00 from East Nebraska to west Colorado

Back