• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NacFest 2019! PLEASE READ!!!

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hello all, hopefully if you made this year, you've made it home safe and sound, and if you didn't , what I do have to say is you missed a good time!. Sooo...
....the early Bronco event isn't going anywhere and is sucking up more and more sites each year as we have less people registering early enough. I've thrown down the suggestion that we shift the event to June 26-30th next year. As of now there most of the cabins at TwinGrove are still available for those dates, far more than if we continue on the current path.
I propose moving our event back one week to avoid all this and give our friends a better chance at being able to stay at the camp ground, again, the bronco event is taking over.

.....I need to hear at least one proper objection to this by this Friday or the date for 19 will be set in stone. Keep in mind this decision will not be made by committee, all I'm promising is that I will take serious consideration to your input.
The wind is blowing this way, and we can't change it at this point. Please keep in mind that other things are in play, such as reserving the pavilion we have our annual dinner in. If I don't secure that in the next week, we run a serious risk of losing it to a kids Birthday party. Some folks on here have already booked for next year, and TwinGrove does charge 15$ to reschedule. If we move the date and you have already booked, sleep easy that I will make sure you are discounted the difference. Bear with me it's been a whirlwind the past couple days but we are looking out to keep YOUR event the best it can be!
Rich
NAC VP

I'm down with the 26th. I'd prefer fewer broncos... I'm betting one of them stole my 6-23 prepaid sticker...

Tim, I heard you on the raffle tickets idea and can make that happen no problem if the date does in fact shift. It looks like its heading in that direction.
Also, to those following along, just in case you were wondering, I am not taking this decision lightly or for my own benefit, but for everyone's. The truth is is that it causes major issues for Carol (my wife) because she works in the supermarket business and almost always has to work the Saturday before a holiday, July 4th in this case. Personally we can work that out but I needed make clear this is not about any personal convenience that I'm broaching the subject.
Rich

I personally would prefer a weekend without a competitive group at the campground and Rausch, but I doubt that even the following weekend wouldn't have some type of event or club rally. I bet it's probably a weekly occurrence between May and September at Rausch. Might a good reason to consider AOAA for our Saturday run, perhaps fewer groups to contend with...

In summary, I'm good with the 26th.

The later date appears to open up the campground by a huge margin, things are leaning that way, no question. As someone who has not yet visited AOAA, curiosity has me hooked and would not be against a run there in August some time. Rocktoberfest will be making a reappearance this year, as far as I know. That would be up to the others on the BOD to determine and run. I will definitely not be able to make any run in October due to us taking time off for Moab and winterizing the Rock House...I strongly encourage a rocktoberfest run at the very least. AOAA looks great, but logistics are in consideration. There is not enough comfy camping nearby to allow for a full event to be based there, as far as I know. That said, it is in our future plans.
Rich

The fact is, regardless of how much was going on at rausch the past weekend, I personally never had any issues in the trails. It's the campground being so jammed up that has me concerned, as it causes undue hassles for those of us that tow in, and leaves almost nothing left to reserve..the bronco group was advised by the campground to reserve their spots for next year before they left this year, and I pushed that for our group LAST YEAR. And still few people were listening.

Thats funny, I noticed mine was missing too. Nobody stopped me about it though, just noticed it at the end of the day.

A.

I stole yours when I realized mine was gone... Just kidding of course. Lesson learned though, be like Doug and stick ur prepaid sticker on the dash until the next day.

AOAA is only about a half hour to 40 mins from where we camp for Rausch, not too bad. I'd be up for an August run, work schedule permittinng.

So, which weekend are we doing? Want to book. But don't know which to reserve.

Ok, just locked in a deluxe cottage for the 19th-23rd. Will change it if the other weekend gets the nod, figured better not to risk missing out, got one the last 3 deluxe just now.

OK, the call has been made. The official date for nacfest 2019 is June 26-30th.!
We just can't fight city hall on this one, the bronco roundup has taken over the campground, making it almost impossible to book cabins and or tent sites.
For anyone already booked, please make that change asap! There will be a 15 dollar fee from the campground to reschedule, which I will make up for anyone already booked either thru raffle ticket or registration fee.
Please remember to mention you are with the naxja group when booking, it helps to discount our rental of the pavilion for dinner!
Rich.

To all: the rebooking is not available until after Tuesday, apparently they are allowing everyone that opportunity now. I've checked the map so far and it is still very open, so hang in there and don't forget!

Rebooked to the 26th, H24! See you all in a year (hopefully less).

Is there anything else y’all would like to see to be donated to the 2019 raffle?

Battery Cables or Gift Cert for them or a % off
Bored Throttle Body or GC for it or a % off

Not sure what else you've got cooking up in your lab but those two have always been on my list of eventual upgrades :).

Sorry I missed you at NACFest 2018!

I'll post another reminder tomorrow since TwinGrove wouldn't take my reschedule til then, but if you please, try to remember to book your cabins early for next year! The map looks more open because they won't take new reservations until this year's date has passed, so the current renters have dibs. I'm biting my nails hoping we can get the "q" section locked up for next year.

Back