• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 rear brakes fit D44?

Dazz

NAXJA Forum User
Will the stock D35 rear drum brakes assembly swap over to a D44 axle and vs. versa?

The brakes or wheel carrier bolt pattern should be the same on both the D44 and the D35 correct?

I need to temporally swap my current d35 drum brakes over to a D44 axle until I go with a ZJ disk setup.

TIA!

It can be done,its the same procedureas the disc brakes!Re-drill the backing plates and open up the center!

So I'm good to go with running the D35 drums on the D44?

Thanks!

Dazz said:
Will the stock D35 rear drum brakes assembly swap over to a D44 axle and vs. versa?

The brakes or wheel carrier bolt pattern should be the same on both the D44 and the D35 correct?

I need to temporally swap my current d35 drum brakes over to a D44 axle until I go with a ZJ disk setup.

TIA!

There should be no redrilling or opening up of anything required. However, the offset on the D44 backing plates is not the same as on the older 10" D35 brakes. You can run the D35 brakes on the D44 axle, but you have to use the backing plates that belong with the drums.

This should be a direct, bolt-on conversion.

I have to call you out on this one!Not only is the bearing retainer a different pattern but the 44 bearing is larger in diameter and also the center hub diameter!

You are correct RCP...Just did this about 3 weeks ago...

Dazz I have a spare set of 10" brake drums and other parts I would be willing to part with. PM me if interested.

BUCKYXJ said:
Dazz I have a spare set of 10" brake drums and other parts I would be willing to part with. PM me if interested.
You got PM!

Back