• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

So this happened today out on the interstate on the way to lunch. And the day went downhill from there...

27225355647_1f13b9aa24_z.jpg

Built two 6' gates for access to the back of Deanna's property. Went to Summerville with Deanna to see her Grandma and Mom for Mothers day.

Last edited:
Out of everything I have done to this jeep so far, which includes cutting every bolt out of the leaf springs, installing wheel studs has been the most frustrating. It's probably the easiest job but without the right tools, well...

Out of everything I have done to this jeep so far, which includes cutting every bolt out of the leaf springs, installing wheel studs has been the most frustrating. It's probably the easiest job but without the right tools, well...

When I scored that 5 speed xj a couple years ago for $500 I drove it for a while until it developed a battery drain. I pulled the carpet in the drivers floor to check on some wires there and I saw the ground...... It was promptly parted out.....

When I scored that 5 speed xj a couple years ago for $500 I drove it for a while until it developed a battery drain. I pulled the carpet in the drivers floor to check on some wires there and I saw the ground...... It was promptly parted out.....

Mine has rust, but not anything like that. A cut and fold in the rear quarters should take care of the remaining rust on this thing.

Curious though, I've seen a lot of guys say they noticed rust holes after they pulled carpet. Is this not visible from underneath the jeep? I haven't pulled up my carpet, but if I had rather large holes, I could see that while I'm under there right?

Mine has rust, but not anything like that. A cut and fold in the rear quarters should take care of the remaining rust on this thing.

Curious though, I've seen a lot of guys say they noticed rust holes after they pulled carpet. Is this not visible from underneath the jeep? I haven't pulled up my carpet, but if I had rather large holes, I could see that while I'm under there right?

You could see the carpet from underneath on my '88. If it's rotted through, you should see carpet, daylight, etc.

Last time you (and by you I mean “I”) did a cut and fold on your Cherokee you promptly sold it. Don’t do that this time!!

Last edited:

This one had carpet that was dirty but not trashed. The underside was just dirty. I didn't drive it long before the battery drain developed. I think what happened is the floor was rusty and embedded in the pad it was glued to and actually came apart when I pulled it.

Last time you (and by you I mean “I”) did a cut and fold on your Cherokee you promptly sold it. Don’t do that this time!!

I have no intentions of selling. This one is now my baby. I still don't have a name picked out yet.

I'm slowly but surely getting things done. I got the new studs installed in the axles and installed the rotors and calipers. Now, I need to finish up running the hard lines over the axle, sand all the rust and grime off, then repaint. After that I can put the axle back under the jeep, finish the rear brake lines, tighten bolts and then move to the front lift.

Going to part that one out too??

Naw, this is replacing April's Cadillac. The Cadillac will be for sale next week. I'm also selling my gas Getter car to pay for this thing so I'll be back in a Jeep as soon as it sells.

Got the 8.25 under the Jeep, super happy to have that done and 4 wheel discs. Just need to get the e-brake cables hooked up, I haven't decided if I'm going to hack the XJ cables to work with the discs or order KJ cables. Anyone used KJ cables before?

Back