• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post a Photo

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I hope this is the right place to ask this, but how does one post a photo of their jeep or jeep modifications. I tried one button here but is for a http, which I am not sure if that is how it is done.

Please advise, Id like to show folks some of the modifications done on my jeep.

thanks!

You would need to have a photo hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket.

Thanks, I will need to look into that, I am not a computer tech kind of person. So I take it there is no way to direct post, instead a link post for a photo. maybe my friends kid can help me before he heads back to school.

It is one the the things the Board of Directors is actively trying to improve.

For the time being you need to have the picture hosted somewhere else on the web, then you can copy the image location and link that into your post here.

I use IMGUR. Create a free account, upload your photos. I create different albums for my vehicles.

You can select different links (email, HTML, BBCode and others). I use BBCode for forums.

You can then select different image sizes. So you can scale large images down to something more viewable. Then copy/paste the link into your post.

The good (not exhaustive list)

Easily resize large pics without having to edit them.

Can create links to multiple images at the same time.

The bad (not exhaustive list):

Editing pics online is "crude", not a lot of options,

No "sub-albums". So I have an album for my 1988 XJ. Can't separate body, engine, wiring, or any "projects" out to make finding them easier (I use them on other forums).

I used to use Photobucket until they started charging for "hosting". Done IMGBB and the usual suspects for file hosting (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, etc.).

Try a few and see which one works for you.

And I expect this to be move soon. :)

Back