• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1987 Wagoneer XJ Limited - Rear Bumper ???

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User
While checking the parts catalog... I have questions:

1) The parts catalog shows an insert for the bumper... Noted with yellow arrows. I don't have one... What model is this for?

2) There are two hole-plugs(?) in the center of the bumper... What are these for?

Thanks for the help! Crist

XJ011-3.jpg

Thanks for the link!

Where is the best place to post photos?

If you haven't noticed... I'm new to the forum! Can't seem to find the correct area to get help with my restoration project... :helpme::D:helpme:

Note from DJ
Christ I don’t know if you have seen this post or not
88 Wagoneer Limited in stunning condition with Photos
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=986427
When do we get to see more photos of your project?

red letter members get a gallery hosted here on the site.

goto usercp in the upper left corner of the forum.

click on phtos and albums in the left side list.

create an album and start uploading photos. Those can then be attached to posts you make in the forum.

edit:

I forgot about the question! I've never seen any kind of insert in that groove on the bumper. Pretty sure it's just there because it's there.

Anyone have a photo of the hitch in place of the plugs?

I've got an '89 Waggy....the hitch insert is poor at best...not much of a hitch brace. I wouldn't use the two bolts that go there for much more than a small utility trailer. If you're gonna use it as a tow point...put on a true class II-III reciever hitsh.

Not sure about the insert...my bumber looked just like yours in the pic.

Any photos of what goes into the two plugs on this bumper?

Back