• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 XJ fuse diagrams and info about electric fan

indianajeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to get or find good scans of the owners manual info for the fuse blocks. I have some fuses with 0 power on both sides of the fuse. #3 inside the XJ and the middle one of the small fuses by the foglamp relays in the underhood block.

1. 1997 XJ
2. 4.0
3. Auto

My fog lamps are not working at all the bulbs were bad but we tested the old plugs and got nothing and the rear window pump doesn't work. I have new switches on order for both. Most of the issues with my jeep are very minor but I want them fixed.

I also need a pic of or a count of the cooling fan blades on a 97 XJ. I am pretty sure it is the bigger numerous blades but I may be wrong. Or does it even matter? I have a new motor for the 97 fan pack but the blades came apart so I am looking for a new one.

These are from my owner's manual; hope it helps. I'd test the fog switch itself, as well as the rear washer pump and switch. My wiper switch and pump were both toast; the stock fog wiring has a reputation for eating switches.

DSCF5574.jpg

DSCF5573.jpg

DSCF5572.jpg

DSCF5570.jpg

WRT the fan
Earlier fan
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product-information.asp?number=52005748

Later fan
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product-information.asp?number=52028337AC

Last edited:
Thanks a million. I forgot to mention I put in a new washer pump already so I am pretty sure it is the switch.

Is there a fix for the stock fog wiring, relay addition or something?

Mine are wired mine up like this. I didn't have fog lights, but bought a set and a switch, and built my own harness. Fog light operation is no longer tied in with the low beams this way, although you could get creative and do that (it's covered in another thread). Since we don't have inspections or any of that fun stuff, I just try not to blind anyone.

fogWiringDiagram.jpg

Mine are wired mine up like this. I didn't have fog lights, but bought a set and a switch, and built my own harness. Fog light operation is no longer tied in with the low beams this way, although you could get creative and do that (it's covered in another thread). Since we don't have inspections or any of that fun stuff, I just try not to blind anyone.

fogWiringDiagram.jpg

Hey hubs97xj, I have some questions about your picture. Is the blue wire running off the purple wire a wire you spliced in to the purple and ran yourself or is it a color change fro mthe factory. Same question about the red coming off the green/aqua? Also to be sure I can ground the lights anywhere not just to the battery correct?

Yeah, the double black lines indicate cuts/splices to new wires. The switch ground and illumination wires remain stock, but the power and accessory wires will be what you replace.

My lights are grounded on a bolt in the radiator crossmember, which is also where my relays are mounted. I don't normally run grounds back to the battery; I check whatever location happens to be handy. If the multimeter says it's a good ground, I use it.

Back