• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Door Locks??

NewToJeeps

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought my first XJ -- 2000 Classic. But one thing about it is that none of the power door locks seem to work!

I try all the power door locks switches on every door, and nothing! I have to manually move the button over to "lock" then close the door.

Is this a simple problem I'm overlooking? Fuse maybe? I've used the search button to no avail, so now I'm posting this here.

what fuse is that. none of my locks work either. I think mine is a short though

Just put in my experience...the power door locks on my 2000 XJ SE all of sudden quit working one day. Checked all fuses...okay.

By intuition, I started wiggling the rubber conduit in between the door frame and body...the door locks would start working when I pulled up on the rubber conduit.

Did some digging around...discovered that the ground wire from the master switch panel to the body was 'broken'. I guess to many times opening and closing the door broken the wire.

Anyway, just ran a new ground wire...works!

Oh yeah, just to add, the power door locks on my 2000 XJ (probably true for 97-01) are the 'complete' to ground type...meaning that when you press the switch to lock/unlock...it completes the circuit to ground.

Well, it seems that I have replaced the number 15 fuse (25A) near the passenger foot area to solve my power locks problem.... but today it blew again. I had been using the locks all day and at the end of the night I went to lock again, and....nothing. C

Checked the same fuse...blown! WTF! :dunno:

What's up with this recurring problem? I have tried wiggling the wires that run inside the rubber boot from the body to the door (inside the door jamb). Tomorrow I'll see if it acts up again...

Back