• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making power locks work, minus one door

mjma

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible for the power locks to work when they are disconnected at one door?

99 XJ, passenger door was replaced with a non-power door. The three other power windows work, but the power locks do not....which is annoying.

Could I jump some wires to make it work? I have the harnesses that go into the door, that's it.

TIA

plug in the harness and tuck it away. they all have to be connected because they share a common ground. unplug 1= gap in system

I have nothing to plug the harnesses into! I bought the jeep this way just recently. It's pretty much a trail-only machine, but I'm using it for DDing duties for a little while until I can sell my other jeep and buy a honda civic for DDing.

But, if I understand you correctly, I should be able to find one pin on the connector (there are three of them) and put that to ground, and it should work? Or does something have to be jumped back into the connector to work?

Support our Troups.... Buy American! But if you take and find the ground wire that goes to the door in question and grond it I think it should work. I think?

Back