• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Gear Ratio

comancheon33

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a rolled 89 cherokee. Its a 2.5 stick 4x4. Anybody have an idea what gears this thing has? I checked for gear tags but they are gone. Did not have time to pull covers either. Had to get home so I could work today. The jeep is 70 miles from my place at my parents house.
Just wondering if anyone would what it has. Thanks

**Probably** 4.10s but in the early years it seems to have been 'anything goes' during assembly.

It is 5 speed. Hoping it is 4.10. That would work out good for my Comanche.
3.73 would not hurt either. Still has 3.07 and 33s you can guess how well that works.

Sad thing is a year ago I parted a 86 Comanche long bed. 2.8 auto 4x4 and it had 4.10s. I sold them way to cheap just to get them out of the way.

Thanks guys. I was hoping to hear that it at the least had 3.73s. Hoping for 4.10s. Either way will a cheap gear swap for my comanche. I will be pulling a diff cover this weekend. I will let everyone know what I find.

Back