• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Das Roach Build Thread

Ill have them by the end of tonight, iro long arms with rubicon express springs and coils, rc track bar :skull2: and some other random goodies. around 5 inches of lift on 35s

Pictures Finally.

photo1-1.jpg

Maiden Voyage, First Ride With Long Arms

photo2.jpg

Few Weeks Ago At A Local Spot

photo3.jpg

Next To A Friends XJ

V8, 35s, Dana 30.....

Plans to change out that front axle?

V8, 35s, Dana 30.....

Plans to change out that front axle?

haha yes, the 4 banger right now won't do too much harm (i hope) thats also why i didnt lock the front, didnt want to risk it. when the new motor is ready ill make plans to swap something else in.

IMG_4858.jpg

flex, need to get limit straps + bumpstop before the coil unseats, but i still have about 4 inches until the wheel is completely stuffed in the wheel well.

IMG_7397.jpg

Most recent picture, just painted the front fenders black. Has yj flairs on them, not sure if im gonna mount up the rears also.

IMG_2017.jpg

Also installed a pair of Mitsubishi Evo 8 Recaro Seats, already had the 4 pt harnesses so the seats were a must. got the full sell for 200 from a close friend of mine (hes currently building said evo for the track)

*please excuse the horrible iphone pictures haha*

I think the vr6 swap would be cool. I've heard some guy swapped an old VW diesel (pre-TDI) into a flattie.

My ideal swap would be a 3800 (check base model camaros) with a turbo setup (look to the Buick guys for tips on these). Then go out and show those v8s some Jeep tail lights.

I would love a vr, tdi or a 3.6 from a mk5 passat :/ but yeah a buddy of mine had a 86? Grand national, you would never think a v6 turbo could move that fast haha

20121031_388.jpg

Best picture of it i have of the jeep in its most current state. i finally got it all back and running. have a msd 6al ignition control to install and i finally get my rear bilsteins tomorrow.

got the msd 6al installed, having a rev limiter that i can set is cool. deff one of the best upgrades ive done. i replaced the coil with an accel aftermarket piece and got new plugs and gapped them to .45 ish. alot more lower rpm power now.

also got an AEM AFR gauge to install and i put a new autometer tach and shiftlight just cause lol

Back