• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thursday Bonus Run Renofest feeler thread

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
We have been discussing adding a bonus run to add to Renofest this year for the Thursday.

We were thinking Bronco canyon as the Thursday Bonus Run - Mostly for the folks who have never ran Bronco like the So Cal guys?

If the So Cal guys arrive early on Thursday or weds otherwise as we get closer we can pick another trail instead ?

Post up here if you are interested ?

Who is coming up Thursday ?

I will not be partaking. I am hoping to get out there Friday morning to set up camp and get everything ready for Prison Hill Friday night.

I'm up for a bonus run if we can get an early group together. I know it's way out there, but Steve's Loop anyone?

It would be nice to see the trail run schedule for the weekend, but I enjoyed doing Bronco and haven't run it since we did, what was it, 2 years ago? Have you checked it out recently Gordon?

My concern with running that on Thursday is it can be gnarly just getting in, not to mention the canyon itself. Doing this as the first run, especially for some new-comers on their first run of the event could be a recipe for disaster. Doing Prison Hill or other closer trails can expose minor issues with people's rigs before they become major issues that you hate to see on a trail like Bronco.

Art - I will definitely vote for a Steve's Loop run sometime during the weekend. I would much rather do that than that trashy Delores again. BTW, my son and I ran it last September (the day we were supposed to do Fordyce). The climb up to the switchbacks is getting more and more sketchy, but its still a great trail.

This would be a bonus run for anyone who has never ran bronco before. We were doing it mainly for the so cal guys and also new folks to the chapter who havent ran Bronco yet.

If this doesnt work out we will probably pick another trail or do some optional stuff at prison

Steve’s loop is a good option if moon rocks is on the schedule.

Budweiser is close to the west end of town. Could be a night run.

So sounds like a night run at Moon Rocks = bad idea? Haha, JK!

I'm pretty sure we ran Bronco a couple years ago. I think this is the trail that had wild horses before the entrance, and a deep water pit near the end? I wouldn't mind running it again.

We are doing bud sat after the raffle.

If the so cal guys have done bronco already then we can scratch that idea.

Im thinking thursday can be optional for whoever im thinking
Either shakedown, hacket or wacket, or go to prison hill for a pre run and do a ton of stuff in prison hill ive never done before.

Official run thread will be coming out and it will look like

Thurs: bonus run trail tbd
Fri : prison hill from 3pm til done
Sat: spanish springs trails easy/hard then pizza party at 4wp and a raffle and then bud canyon for a night run
Sunday : knucklebuster
Mon : go home

Yeah we are not doing a bonus Bronco run on Thursday at this point. This was originally just going to be a Bonus for Ryan/Justin/Art from Socal who might have wanted to run something different.

Back