• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Z06 vs. Tahoe

Dirt

NAXJA Forum User
Last edited:
I thought the zo6 was faster than 13.71?

IXNAYXJ said:
Makes you wonder if it was really a Z06, or just a '99 FHC C5...or just a shitty driver.

It's also a lot easier to launch a high-hp 4WD automatic than a 400 hp RWD 6-speed car.

-----Matt-----

It's a two wheel drive. That's a Z06. The Hoe is runnin' an LS 7. That doesn't mean the dude in the Vette could drive though.

However I know the dude drivin' the Hoe and if any one is afraid to punch it, it's him.

4L60E 4:10 gears. That was actually one of the trickiest parts. The LS 7 is only programmed to go in front of a manual 6 speed.

Before he installed the engine he beefed up the trans though. New stall, all high performance components.

Last edited:
Dirt said:
It's a two wheel drive. The Hoe is runnin' an LS 7.
Wow. Pretty impressive! The LS7 is an amazing motor. Apparently Vic agrees; cool pic I took last weekend at the Edelbrock tent in the pits of Laguna Seca:

DSC01046.jpg

Having seen the video, I can't argue, but how does a 5500 lb. truck with 505 hp beat a 3000 lb. car with 405 hp? Seems like the nearly double weight penalty would be too much to overcome with only 20% more hp. I'm sure the 4.10s helped, but still. Is it a stock LS7?

-----Matt-----

muduck18 said:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0510_2006_chevrolet_corvette_z06/

Its not a z06 or the driver was not pushing it.
the z06 will do the 1/4 in 11.

No offence to your friend... That is a sweet tahoe.. no doubt!

That car is a C6 vette. Different powertrain than the vette racing.

The car racing is a C5 vette. The one you pulled specs on has a LS 6. Still not the LS 7. The C5 Z06 had either 405 hp or 420 hp. I can't remember off the top of my head. I think 405

Ixnayxj- It's a stock engine I believe. It does have homefab headers, oil reservoir, and some other stuff I'm not thinking of right now.

Back