• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Chevy Tahoe

raypla

NAXJA Forum User
Did you folks see the TV commercial for the new Chevy Tahoe with the V8 that kicks sown too 4 cyl. on the highway? I know they used to offer this technology back in the day w/the Cadillac.

They say that it gets 15 city and 22 highway, if thats the case its is about what I get w/the XJ (maybe a little more).

Here is a link http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe/2007/ scrolldown and where it says "vortec 5300" click on it and read about it.

Just thought I'd pick some brains and if I didn't own my XJ and did't mind paying another $500 a month I'd seriously consider it. Seriously though Im going to run my XJ to the ground and w/only 111,000 I think it has a long way to go. I love my 4.0. :)

raypla said:
Did you folks see the TV commercial for the new Chevy Tahoe with the V8 that kicks sown too 4 cyl. on the highway? I know they used to offer this technology back in the day w/the Cadillac.

They say that it gets 15 city and 22 highway, if thats the case its is about what I get w/the XJ (maybe a little more).

Here is a link http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe/2007/ scrolldown and where it says "vortec 5300" click on it and read about it.

Just thought I'd pick some brains and if I didn't own my XJ and did't mind paying another $500 a month I'd seriously consider it. Seriously though Im going to run my XJ to the ground and w/only 111,000 I think it has a long way to go. I love my 4.0. :)
The new ones sure are ugly IMO. My Dad has a 2002 Suburban and I like the way the front end looks a lot better than the new Tahoes. I wish they would've left them the way they were. Don't really have too much to comment on about the kickdown thing though, except for the fact that I get that many mpg with my XJ too.

I personaly like the whole raised hood and the all around look of it, just a matter of opinion though.
Plus I take they're mpg estimates w/ a grain of salt, I wlling to bet 12 city and 18 highway (with a light foot).

I know I used a whole tank of gas on the highway last summer and got 24.6mpg w/my XJ, but its not fair to compare the 2 because the XJ is like 25xx lbs and the tahoe is 5706 lbs.

I think I'm getting only around 16-17 with my XJ,, mostly highway, but that is still running around 70-75 most of the time with my heavy foot.... We also have a 2000 Suburban, and it gets about the same around town, and about 18 on the highway..... (10 while pulling my 30ft camper :shiver: ) A friend of mine had a 98 that only got 12 on the highway, so they made a big improvement with the 5.3... I personally like the 2000-2006 body style too, although it was time to do a little tweaking.... The new style will have to grow on me...

seanR said:
I do not like the looks of them either.
I had a 99 Yukon, I loved the way that looked!

When I was looking for my Sub, I almost bought a cherry '99 2-door Tahoe w/ 6.5 turbodiesel in Florida, it was fire engine red and low mileage. Sold before my dad could go look at it though. Just as well, my Sub is much more useful.

I just wish they'd make a Duramax Suburban already... cargo vans get that engine option for '06.

Yes, I most definitely agree!!!! Towing my camper isn't that easy with gas... I almost switched to a diesel excursion just for that reason...... Came to the conclusion that I just couldn't get rid of the comfort in the Sub.....

My 05 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 Hemi also turns off 4 cylinders. So far I average between 16 - 18 mpg around town and on the freeway. Freeway only I get very close to 20 mpg.

Michael

Back