• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deep water crossing, lost overdrive.

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Recently went through a deep water crossing(36 inches) and then when I came out the other side... one mile down the road, the Check Engine Light came on, then when I got on the highway, Overdrive would not engage...stuck in drive. It worked again after about ten miles and shutting the jeep down for a few minutes and restarting.

Anybody ever have a similar problem?

water in the trans prob. have you checked the fluid since then? how fast did you make this deep waer crossing?

Crossed it pretty fast...30 mph running start. Haven't checked it yet, but how would it get in...besides the breather? And why would it only lose overdrive? I was thinking more along the lines of an electrical problem. Also...why would it start working after being shutoff for a few minutes? The CEL is still on. Guess I better pull the codes.

It was a river about 30 feet wide flowing pretty fast over concrete, so i took a good running start, trying to cross at 90 degrees, and finished about 20 feet downstream of where I started.

Back