• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Isabelle hits hard

wek91xj

NAXJA Forum User
We got hit hard today... she packed quite a punch.... Tons of trees down and other damage... but thank god this city is not under 26 feet of water like druing FLOYD... cleanup will be fun tomorrow... ill try to post some pics soon if you tell me how

Our thoughts here are with you all out East. Watched the storm on TV, and saw Brian Williams get blown away....

I would be happy to set up something for you to allow you to host and share the storm pics...(free) if you don't already have something.
Drop me an e-mail. Would be good to get a bunch of pics together from our Forum users.
Glenn

Isabel

Where are you? The 26-foot inundation for Floyd sounds like Tarboro. I'm in Bethel, NC and it blew pretty hard. We've got some trees down but no flooding. Any damage there?

Im in Rocky Mount... the rivers are low (considering)... no major flooding that i know of... We had tons of huge trees down, many roads are blocked and many houses are pretty banged up, but its not as bad as past storms such as fran and floyd....

i grew up on The Eastern Shore of VA (across the bay from norfolk and chesapeake) and they lucked out. they were predicting lots of flooding. almost as bad as Floyd. luckily they were wrong about that. they didn't get near as much rainfall as they predicted. i called around and all of my family is safe and sound. some without power, but my dad works for the electric company, so he's working on it.

i'm glad that it went farther west and didn't hit my hometown really badly. but at the same time, i wish it hadn't hit the people farther west.

We just got power back Saturday night in Northern VA. Aside from some spoiled food in the freezer we got through without any damage. Many of the neighbors were not so fortunate. the number of downed trees in Fredericksburg was unbelievable. You couldn't drive more than a block or two downtown without having to detour around blocked streets. At least most people stayed home and let us start clearing the streets.

Thats the way it was here.... some houses had even 5 or six treres laying on them ... everywhere you go u were blocked.... its lookss like a warzone right now with all these trees and things on the street

Back