• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

passenger door set to lock but wont lock?

jacksonbase

NAXJA Forum User
He

I just picked up a 99 classic that needs sorting out. The door locks work electric for rear doors but passenger is not working. It is set (door switch inside) on lock but opens and closes as if not locked. Using key outside it will not lock manually. I took door panel off and rods are all there. When I hit switch with panel off the door switch will move to unlock but not all the way. Put door panel back on and lock swich is stuck on lock again. Any thought on how to fix?

thanks

Jacksonbase

sounds like something has gone wrong in the latch mechanism. if I recall correctly the power lock actuator is built into the door latch on the late models. I would start by taking the latch out and trying to clean and re-grease all the moving parts. also check the interior handle side and make sure the plastic clips that hold the rods into the handle assembly are still there and not cracked or disconnected.

Back