• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On our way

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
We are on our way to Moab right now. Currently in Abilene, Kansas. We seem to be turning a few heads on the road.

On Tuesday my brother-in-law-2-be was reading USA Today while sat in the front passenger seat. It was about 20 minutes before we realised how horrific this must have looked to passing drivers, they couldn't see me driving from the right hand seat!

Vince said:
On Tuesday my brother-in-law-2-be was reading USA Today while sat in the front passenger seat. It was about 20 minutes before we realised how horrific this must have looked to passing drivers, they couldn't see me driving from the right hand seat!

Actually here in the states it's pretty common to see those in the left seat reading newspapers. :soapbox:

No no you fool! He means giving them driving directions with hand signals while the driver navigates obstacles on the trail, or spotting.

Vince, that's a great visual. Have a great trip, see you there!

Jared:patriot:

DeadEyeJ said:
No no you fool! He means giving them driving directions with hand signals while the driver navigates obstacles on the trail, or spotting.

I hope you know I was,,:D:D

:roflmao: :roflmao:

DeadEyeJ said:
You know me - 60% sarcastic, 20% clueless, 20% jerk.
:thumbup:
Although I might go 50% 30% ... :D
:kissyou: Jared

We got to Moab OK. Kansas was a little scary through the storm at night and the snow in Colorado was great. I wanted to drive Hancock Pass but we decided not to take any chances as it was snowing when we got to St Elmo.

I have a few minor problems to fix on both Jeeps on Monday. The TJ's exhaust is touching one of the upper arms at full compression. I may have to cut it off in front of the axle and fit a turned downed pipe.

Vince said:
We got to Moab OK.
welcome, hope you enjoy it! and if you need a good exhaust shop there is only one in town and they are two buildings south of the north maverik. (a&b auto or something like that)

Vince said:
We got to Moab OK.
Vince,

I'll be pulling into Moab late afternoon or early evening on Thursday. Will be in my motorhome at Slickrock Campground, space 87. Just look for the purple bumpers.

We'll set up camp and likely go out for dinner, but will be doing nothing else later on. Come on over and hang out for a while or call. My cel number is 702-373-7453.

Back