• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hotels

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
If you aren't the camping type and like a Hotel. Where is the best bang for the buck? Those staying in hotels could coordinate and if you'd like me to help try to get a group rate, post up. I'll be happy to help.

We've put so much into trying to figure out a campground that will work for us, we didn't talk about hotels.

So who's stayed where and what's worked?

mac 'my hotel has wheels' gyvr

Shannon insists on either a cabin or hotel/motel. We are going to try to get a cabin at the KOA unless there is a cheaper but still convenient option at a hotel.

For the no frills rooms, Redstone Inn. Its a favorite of the bikers and I have stayed there several times. Near the Brewery and City Market, but has a small parking lot and only a hot tub, no pool. Rates will still be up as will all of Moab at that time of the year, but it will probably be one of the cheapest.

Inca Inn is a nice low cost option but only parking for one vehicle per room.

Inca Inn is a nice low cost option but only parking for one vehicle per room.

Is it still in business ? Its not listed on the Moab site.Ok just checked.....$143 per night

Last edited:
The last couple times we've been to Moab, we've stayed at the Super 8 using the Wyndham corporate discount. Decent location, clean quiet rooms, and an overflow parking area for tow rigs and trailers.
For the event dates, they're showing $142.27/night corporate rate, $167.38 regular. I have occasionally found better than corporate rates elsewhere or with other discount programs.

Is it still in business ? Its not listed on the Moab site.Ok just checked.....$143 per night

That is a lot for the Inca! What else is going on that week?

Originally Posted by Wayne Sihler View Post

I checked, it's not UEA weekend (teacher training for elem, secondary, hs) which is a big time for kids and families in Moab. It may also be the fall break for the University of Utah. It occurs that week every year, but the 2018 schedule is not posted yet.

Last edited:
Just booked a room at Quality Suites from Mon>Sunday@ $156 per night.
6 min from the campground.
Did,nt want to wait too long.......

Airbnb has a lot of options for lodging. There are places that rent teardrop trailers or bigger travel trailers and will deliver them to your campsite. There are some "tiny houses" for rent also. Then there are studio apartments, condos, and bigger houses which would probably be a good deal if you had a big group to split the cost.

I just became a paid member, and if there are one or two people who don't want to camp, I can offer a bed and bath in my basement. It's in town close to the apache motel.
No charge, just let me know a week or so in advance.

I booked the Redstone Inn.

Back