• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone going early?

XJ16FW

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone showing up at Moab early, like the weekend before (Sept 30-Oct1)?

I will be there for another event the week before the Fling, and I have to leave Sunday evening. I would still like to meet some NAXJA members.

If anyone will be there early, and wants to go for a run, they are welecome to join us. I will be there in a Wrangler Rubicon :(

Forrest

XJ16FW said:

I will be there for another event the week before the Fling, and I have to leave Sunday evening. I would still like to meet some NAXJA members.

If anyone will be there early, and wants to go for a run, they are welecome to join us. I will be there in a Wrangler Rubicon :(

Forrest
I will be there the weekend before but will be on the other side of the Colorado.

What event is going on the weekend before?

DrMoab said:
What event is going on the weekend before?

Ramchargercentral.com is having their national event. I own both a Ramcharger, and an XJ. I would love to stay for both, but I am riding with someone else.

Captain Ron said:
We should be there on Saturday.

Of course, alot depends on Geoff. :D

--ron

Oh, then you mean Saturday, the 7th, right?

lesslimited said:
Oh, then you mean Saturday, the 7th, right?

If I did that, it'd be too obvious.

Besides, those guys don't have enough money to cover that bet. :D

--ron

XJ16FW said:

Yup. Should be arriving on Thursday, Sept 28th for a Auto-Trader/Truck Trader photoshoot event. I'' be staying at Slickrock Campground in space #87. Look for these:

My motorhome... Chez Whale.
100_1085.jpg

My Heep... looks like Barney.
100_1379.jpg

Plan A is rolling in Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Plan B is rolling in late Monday night / Early Tuesday if I decide to go to the Yeah Yeah Yeah show on Sunday night... Decisions decisions!

A lot of folk are gonna be putting thier money where their mouths are!

Wow! Ok, I will check the slickrock campground each evening. The Ramcharger guys will be at the KOA.

Will be at Slickrock Sat as well. PLaning on running somthing yet to be decided with my brother on Sun any and all are welcome to join us. Will probably be of the Med difficulty. Look for the yellow popup camper.

Hopefully, I will be arriving on Saturday 23rd and leaving Friday 6th. Look out for a 60th Anniversary silver XJ on 35s and a 60th Anniversary silver TJ on 35s, both with steering wheels on the wrong side. I'm getting married on the 26th and I've promised not to drive any trails on that day or the night before!

I am still waiting for my vacation. I can't go to the event, but I am trying to get there the Sunday before. I will have to leave Thursday. I already had plans for the weekend of the event. I wanted to go to Moab regardless if I go alone, but I will be happy to hook up with anyone to run trails. I want to do the poular ones. I've MT. biked there, but never wheeled Moab. Hope everything works out. I will be tentin' it at the Slickrock campground. Have to go on the cheap due to other plans.

You are welcome to join us. I will be in a red Rubicon.

This is what is posted on the Ramcharger board:

Ram Jam 2006 will be held in Moab Utah and will be a 3 day event held on Friday Sept 29th through Sunday Oct 1st.

The trail plan. (Evening plans will be posted soon)

Every morning, we will meet at the City Market parking lot in the center of town between 8:00-9:00AM (local time). We will leave for the trails between 9:00-9:30AM.

Day 1 (9/29) - moderate trail = Sevenmile Rim (3.5) - No difficult trail on day one.

---For day 2 and 3, you can chose between a moderate or a difficult trail. All of them are fun trails.

Day 2 (9/30) - moderate trail = Kane Creek (4)
Day 2 (9/30) - difficult trail = Hell's Revenge (4)

Day 3 (10/1) - moderate trail = Fins 'N' Things (3.5)
Day 3 (10/1) - difficult trail = Golden Spike (4+)

Back