• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 Comanche

Exxon Valdez Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
$4000

I need a jeep with a back seat, not really looking to trade unless it's stockish with some cash on your end.

4.0 inline six

BA10 5 speed, new throw out bearing/slave and clutch master

D30 front, non cad housing, 3.55 gears and a lunch box locker

D44 rear, 3.55s and factory limited slip

17" ATX wheels with 32" BFG mts

4" PAC coils, boxed LCAs
Fox remote reservoir shocks up front, Ranchos rear

Trail Gear sliders, factory t-case and gas tank skids, I made the bumpers, front has a winch mount

Trucklight LED headlights, they're bright!

Cons:
no AC, LCA bushings clunky/ squeaky, headliner falling apart. I have a new dual diaphragm brake booster and master cylinder to go with it, brakes seem weak to me. Speedometer doesn't work.

I drive it 70 miles a day to work, it drives down the highway good. No oil leaks/blow by. I love the truck, just need a jeep with a back seat for the kid.

20160617_135819_zpswatszrvl.jpg

20160617_135755_zpsfotpn5bk.jpg

20160617_135839_zpsu94koiij.jpg

20160617_135738_zpsvcrgsmnp.jpg

20160617_131326_zps0svxauju.jpg

20160617_131224_zps8gfjip3d.jpg

A close friend of mine from grade school, an MD, is looking for one for a ranch. This would be near perfect I think. What is the state of the AC system (not sure he cares, but just in case). Also what is the BA10 transmission? How good are they?

It has no AC at all, just vent and heat. The ba10 is the manual trans before the ax15. It shifts good but people say they don't last with bigger tires and extra power, like a d35.

It has no AC at all, just vent and heat. The ba10 is the manual trans before the ax15. It shifts good but people say they don't last with bigger tires and extra power, like a d35.

Mileage? Has the transmission ever had to be serviced? Is it a Peugeot transmission? The buyer would not using the peak power/tires for say for rock crawling, but for normal ranch use, where a lifted rig like that should be perfect. Wish it had a winch already.

How much armor does it have bottom side?

Check you PMs. I am going to call this sold for now, but still have a few questions....

So "no AC" means it never had AC? The AC has been physically removed (all or some?, can it be easily restored?)? AC Compressor is now an air pump for the tires?

Brakes good? No inspection issues for highway use? Inspection expires when? Good title? No issues?

My friend would use it for weekend trips to the ranch and typical use on the ranch...not for serious rock crawling, but tree stumps, and rain-high water could be occasional issues, thus he is looking for a ready to use lifted truck like this, and this looks prefect for that ( and I know how to maintain the engine electronics..., etc), what do you think?

Well folks it looks like I found a good home this Comanche!!!!:clap:

My friend Dr. John is picking up the Comanche today and driving her back to Houston!!!

I'm not sure. I think he wanted more of a work truck, not a play truck.

Well he did want a work truck for the family ranch he just took over, but wanted a lifted, high off the ground rig for non paved areas and water, and tree trunk stump work.... I wonder if he wanted something bigger, heavier duty, like what we see on the roads again these days now that gas is cheap. Not sure. He was 100% sold on it the last 3 days, with no doubts. He was obviously serious enough the drive up there to pick it up today, and he was excited about it last night, and I even helped him get the title transfer form last night at my place, printed it here for him. So I was a bit shocked that he changed his mind.

Oh well, we tried. Frankly, except maybe for the transmission, that drive train, axles, D-44, transfer case, and so on is tougher than a lot of the so called heavy duty trucks out there today. And the fact that it is still a DD after nearly 30 years says a lot.

Back