• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clearing out my shed & garage

cherokeeproject

NAXJA Forum User
I have a ton of jeep parts I'm looking to clear out to make some room to work in my garage. I'm hoping someone on here would be interested. below are links to my 2 craigslist posts please view the stuff on there. I'm open to trades just let me know what you've got. Im not on here often enough to check my messages so please if you see something your interested in just send me an email through craigslist. Thanks in advance!

https://houston.craigslist.org/pts/5480647618.html

https://houston.craigslist.org/pts/5390463679.html

I dont have absolutely everything listed in these posts but most of what i have comes off either an 87, 96, or 98 cherokee. if your looking for something specific just shoot me an email and let me know what your looking for and i'll let you know if i've got it.

What year model is the hood off... what shape is it in?

Its off a 98, but I don't think the hood changed any throughout the years. its in pretty good shape, the clear coat is coming off in a few spots and there may be some minor rock chips in the front but no dents or anything major.

Just to clarify, short block implies no head on the motor. Long block would be a complete engine minus accessories. Engine with all accessories is usually called a complete pull out.

May save you some unwanted Craigslist emails.

Just to clarify, short block implies no head on the motor. Long block would be a complete engine minus accessories. Engine with all accessories is usually called a complete pull out.

May save you some unwanted Craigslist emails.

see i've always been confused about this, some people keep telling me that a long block would include the manifolds, brackets, etc. and then others say just the opposite. Either way i haven't gotten too many unnecessary CL emails on the motor. i keep dropping the price drastically and still no hits. maybe someone on here will want it for a stroker build or something. I need the room in my garage.

long block can have manifolds with it but never accessories. Usually intake to oilpan. shortblock is always just the block+rotating assembly.

Is the motor still for sale? How much?

I'm ready to get rid of all this stuff and ASAP. I am asking $200 for all of it, but you must take it all. Price is firm because its cheap. Below is a list of what i have, see the CL posts for pictures.

Intake manifold & throttle body off an 87 I6
2 spare tires w/ steel wheels (different sizes, tread is still good)
inline 6 exhaust manifold off a 98 Condition: fair (small crack @ merge, could be easily welded)
inline 6 Intake manifold off a 98
2wd Aw4 Transmission off an 87 Condition unknown
Inline 6 motor (long block) Condition: needs top end rebuild, otherwise unknown.

pm for details, i'm tired of this stuff sitting at the house.

just giving an update, ive dropped the price of the engine to $100 OBO, im willing to sell the stand with it for an extra $50. I also have a white hood, gas tank (plastic), clutch fan assembly, AC condenser coil and hoses, and an intake air filter box all of a 98 cherokee that im looking to part with as well. if you interested make me an offer. I'm not going to wait too much longer before i just sell all this stuff off for scrap metal.

how much do you want for the hood?

I have already bought this entire lot of stuff. Will be loading it up Sunday evening or Monday if weather, etc co-operates. I already have a spare 94 hood, and the 98 hood is still for sale as is a lot of this stuff listed here. I will PM you.

I just have room for it (OP does not) for now (My daughter moved her photo studio and freed up space in my shop) and my buddy wants the motor and motor stand to replace the busted block-rod in his 95 Grand Cherokee.

I may keep the 87 Transmission, it is a 2WD and of no use to most Naxja folks anyway, but if someone needs a 2WD Renix Transmission I already have 1 spare for my 89, so it is for sale at a non firesale price.

Turns out it came it out of the red 87 Jeep I bought about 10 years ago and I still have it for sale. I kept it for a spare body, perfect body, and was going to restore if for my daughter's first jeep and then found one ready to use (just needed a head gasket), and then I was going to convert it to electric with a new generation of fuel cell to power it that runs on potassium formate ( invented by a company I invested in).....alas time flys.

Back