• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Howdy, its been a while.

Fryphax

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I've been a member of the forums for a couple years now but haven't posted much. I am not yet a member of Naxja but I intend on paying my dues sometime in the near future when money allows.

My name is Nick Weingartner and I hail from the Artic regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I have a 1987 Wagonneer in Tan and Beaverwood. Currently I am putting the finishing touches on swapping in a D60/Hp44 from a '79 F-250 and 38.5x14.50 TSL SX's

My Jeep started out stock with a D44 axle, I lifted it 4.5 inches and ran 33x12.50 BFG all terrains for a couple months and then upgraded to 36" TSLs with cut fenders before I started the transformation.

33s
Flex4.jpg

36s
DSC00052.JPG

Currently
585297035_l.jpg

Fryphax said:
Currently
585297035_l.jpg

Nice looking jeep!

I don't plan on going that high with mine but I do like that color. I still don't like that four headlight style though. Don't forget to take care of that shock in the back before you hit the trails.
Do you go wheeling in Wisconsin at all?

Kim.

85xjwoody said:
Nice looking jeep!

I don't plan on going that high with mine but I do like that color. I still don't like that four headlight style though. Don't forget to take care of that shock in the back before you hit the trails.

Kim.

The shock I ordered were too long so I'm in the process of swapping them out. I must say thats a pretty good eye. I haven't gone wheeling in wisconson at all but I am hoping to make it to Mt. McCaslin sometime this year.

ChicksDigWagons said:
Looks good Nick :cheers:

I didn't realize you where on the forums so much before me. Thats not fair cause I had an XJ WAY before you! :laugh:

You were also breaking XJs long before me too...

ChicksDigWagons said:
So true! I still to this day can't believe I grenaded that D35 on stock tires and stock 2.5L...

I guess thats why we don't mess with those baby axles anymore :cool:

I broke two d35's and almost a third with a tired 2.5. goes to show how strong those motors are:) . Or is it just a bad axle?

Kim.

85xjwoody said:
I broke two d35's and almost a third with a tired 2.5. goes to show how strong those motors are:) . Or is it just a bad axle?

Kim.
It's all driver. Once you learn how to drive you'll stop breaking stuff -LOL!
Ron

Zuki-Ron said:
It's all driver. Once you learn how to drive you'll stop breaking stuff -LOL!
Ron

First time, hardly driver error. Went to leave a parking lot and put the tranny in drive and as soon as I put my foot on the gas the center pin went through the cover. Second I was stuck in clay and blew the pinion apart. Third is still ok but not in the greatest condition.
No more worries for now with the 8.8.

Kim.

85xjwoody said:
Nice looking jeep!

Kim.

what! why dont you like the 4 headlights!?!

if you swap them out - Id love to take them off your hands!

XJ_ranger said:
what! why dont you like the 4 headlights!?!

if you swap them out - Id love to take them off your hands!

Sorry, if you are talking about mine, it is an 85 model with the single headlight style. Keep looking.:geek:

Kim.

Back