• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF is with XJ prices??

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently working in Arizona. Prices for a clean XJ are running 8-14K,

Even a rusty Renix runs 5K.

Some guy on book of faces just asked about a clean xj for sale near San Antonio, TX. The first one posted asked 30K for his............What the actual *&!@

Speaking of stupid prices.......

This person higher than pterodactyl titties.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/brighton-01-cherokee-xj-limited/7410799565.html

00j0j_2PWYx8phycwz_0ak0ak_1200x900.jpg

Very low miles, but hard to say anything about the condition, although the one photo of the interior suggests its not been treated well. Dusty and dirty. And if its in Denver, I image its been exposed to a fair amount of road salt.

you would think they would have at least cleaned up the interior before posting pics of the vehicle, their is an 05 Pontiac GTO for sale in MN my local paper for $22'500.00 no pics low miles add says around 30 thousand I believe it said.

Very low miles, but hard to say anything about the condition, although the one photo of the interior suggests its not been treated well. Dusty and dirty. And if its in Denver, I image its been exposed to a fair amount of road salt.

Yes, miles are low but not 30k worth low. Maybe 15k if it was cleaned up.

Start high then negotiate from there would be my guess.

They are getting popular. Ive started seeing XJs in tv shows and commercials. Same thing happened to the waggy market like 10 15 years ago. When I bought my 1st waggy you could find rust free or relatively rust free running waggys for 4500. Now people want 3 to 4 times that much. Clean stock lower mileage xjs are selling now on BaT and Ebay for 12-15k

Well, just sold an XJ.

2000 with ~215k on it.

Got $6800 for it, sold it in less than 24 hours and had a line of a least a dozen people, with several ready with cash in hand. Even had a guy drive down from Riverton, WY just in case the sale to the first buyers didn't go through.

Likely could have gotten $7500+ for it, but happy with the $6800. Though, this jeep had been gone through top to bottom. I wrote the ad up in word, and it was two solid pages of just things done...there wasn't much more you could do other than a full engine rebuild (though I rebuild and put on a TUPY head for it), and some suspension things like balljoints maybe. This thing drove nicer and quieter than my 2001...which is a little frustrating given my '01 has three layer sound deadening throughout...

20211222-125816.jpg

20211222-125953.jpg

I caught the tail end of some car action other day an 1988 MJ one owner since new 6cyl 5spd still looked new went for $18000.00.

I caught the tail end of some car action other day an 1988 MJ one owner since new 6cyl 5spd still looked new went for $18000.00.

MJ prices have gotten crazy. I was lucky enough to get mine back at about the same price I sold it at. Looking at what's out there people are going bananas on prices for their clapped out rust buckets.

Back