• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cut and weld... I mean cut nd fold

one of the main guys at The Flop Shop used to be a member here. KTM Racer 419. Sam.
well designed products.

Yea post up some stuff when you get them installed. I'll probably order them based on what you say.

What he said.

I am looking at maybe doing a cut-n-fold on my 90, if this gives a better end result, I'll go with it.

Can't believe the shop doesn't have any finished pics of it.

If you go on the flop shops facebook they have some installed pics. got the panels I in yesterday, just waiting for a day off and the weather to cooperate. only downside of the panles is they didn't come with any directions. Granted, they shouldn't be hard to do, but should come with something. This is why when I do install them im gonna attempt an install video for everyone. I cant wait to see how they will look with my new bumper I put on recently.

imgres

imgres

imgres

(hopefully the pics work)

I'm male, 46, with a limited ability to tolerate bullshit. I do not Facebook.
Seriously they have a website. Put the pics there, guys.

I'm male, 46, with a limited ability to tolerate bullshit. I do not Facebook.
Seriously they have a website. Put the pics there, guys.

It would be nice if theyd put the installed pics on their site.
and FB can be handy, especially when I can message some of the offroad companies directly (ironman4x4, Napier precision etc)

and FB can be handy, especially when I can message some of the offroad companies directly (ironman4x4, Napier precision etc)

This is what email is for. I do it all the time with Ruffstuff and others. I flat out will not deal with companies that run everything through Facebook. I'm trying to buy their product, not screw them (which is what facebook was originally made for).

I forget which company, but there was one a few months back I was looking at some of their stuff for my son's jeep. The Contact Us segment of their site was a URL for a Facebook page. They lost about $1500 worth of sales right then and there.

This is what email is for. I do it all the time with Ruffstuff and others. I flat out will not deal with companies that run everything through Facebook. I'm trying to buy their product, not screw them (which is what facebook was originally made for).

I forget which company, but there was one a few months back I was looking at some of their stuff for my son's jeep. The Contact Us segment of their site was a URL for a Facebook page. They lost about $1500 worth of sales right then and there.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You're not alone. I so hate what FB has done to our family and community.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You're not alone. I so hate what FB has done to our family and community.

Testify, my brother! :)

Our old Jeep club, the Lowcountry Jeeprs, used to have a forum they hosted. There was some good tech there, although there was some negotiation required to not keep threads searchable for only three months. Idiocy.

Then they went and made a facebook group, so they wouldn't incur the $50/year cost of the site, which was "too expensive". I volunteered to host it, I volunteered to pay for it- nope. Off to facebook they went... and it became a complete cesspool. I checked it the other day, and it was full of feelgood rants from some tranny, political meanderings, and basically anything you can think of other than jeeps. Clearly the "Admin" can not be bothered to police the crap.

Yeah, brilliant place. I will celebrate the day Facebook goes dark. Now, anyone got these pics offsite of FB?

There is a great XJ page on fb that im with, a pile of members and excellent info on there. no BS on it either.
And if the weather holds, I am hoping to have mine installed this weekend

Testify, my brother! :)
I will celebrate the day Facebook goes dark.

Any business that uses FC as their primary web contact are fools.
They will not get my business.
I will let others have the privilege of giving Zuckerburg their person information, helping to make him a wealthy leach.

So, I finally got to install the flop shop offroad C&F panels. A few things I will say about them:
They are fairly heavily built, I think 1/8th" steel or so.
they fit well, but it took some gentle massaging with a BFH to get them to really fit tight, mainly the inner fender is where I had the most difficulty.
They do not come with directions, I was able to figure it out, but for someone who is inexperienced, it could be a problem.
If you want to keep the bracket for the factory spare it has to be modified due to a bolt for the panels hitting the middle of the bracket.
If you still have the factory tie downs, you have to remove them to pull the carpet back.
Some good seam sealer is what I used to make them watertight. I bought one tube and still have plenty left.
The drivers side is a HUGE pain to install, mainly due to it being difficult to reach the bolts.
DO NOT paint these before you get them mocked up, get them lined up, drill the holes, bolt them in and make sure everything looks good, then pull them off and paint them.
a small drill bit (unsure of the size, ill try to find out tonight) a 3/8s drill bit, hammer, 10mm socket, 7/16 socket and wrench and a small hex bit and 11mm wrench is what you need to install them. if you have a plasma it would only take about 2hrs to install (plus paint time) I had about 5 or 6 hours total in it, but that's including paint etc.
All in all I am very satisfied with these and would recommend them to anyone that either has rusted out rear quarter panels or wants to do a C&F but wants it to be more solid.
If you get them and have any questions about the install ill try to answer all the ones I can. when I get the time i'm gonna put a vid up on youtube explaining the install

Pics, man, pics!!

Back