• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle repair

chasdb

NAXJA Member 3643
NAXJA Member
Any recommendations on a shop to check a noise in my rear axle. Got a bad whine. May not be able to lead run Tuesday

Xj D44 rear .456 35 spline ARB. Nothing is leaking, so maybe crush sleeve gave a bit. It howls bad and started around Williams Az. Figured if it were bearings it would have blown up by now. 714 three five 2 one 959.

Or you can take it to Moab Motorsports, and speak to Rory Irish. I'm sure he can fix you up. He runs the old Moab 4x4 Outpost shop.

Those don't have crush sleeves. Should I bring a master kit and diff tools?

Crap, just read, ARB, I don't have those bearings. Check the pinion for play, I do have those, but the ARB carrier bearings I don't. I'll toss the yukon puller and diff tools in the truck along with some master kits and gear sets.

Crap, just read, ARB, I don't have those bearings. Check the pinion for play, I do have those, but the ARB carrier bearings I don't. I'll toss the yukon puller and diff tools in the truck along with some master kits and gear sets.

Thanks Mark, got back after the run and pulled axle shafts to check bearings. Was going to put it back together and take it somewhere but I’ll wait if you can take a look. Feel free to call or text me when your available.

Thanks!

Back