• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Do List

Oil change done, front spot and fog lights done, rear back up lights done, new air filter, internal doors got dynamat treatment, rear hook on bumper to lock up my bike, adjusted new rear parking brakes, dana 44 rear disc conversion change the seals due to leaking on last run.done.. I think the jeep is pretty much ready..

I think the rig is ready.
Done:
Opened and checked gears/bearings/lockers both differentials, replaced one front axle seal, new grease.
Replaced a frozen Bendix adjuster on rear brakes.
Replaced tail pipe.
Opened AW4, replaced filter, blew out tranny cooler, new fluid.
Replaced fluid in transfer case.
Pulled out both drive shafts, checked u-joints, lubed all.
New oil, filter, plugs, distributor cap, rotor.
Had the new tires rebalanced because it was vibrating at 55+mph. Problem fixed.
Wife is making final arrangements for a vacation in Mexico while I am in Moab.

Almost done.Oil change & grease job.A few Inside trim pieces to bolt down.And I,m out the door Thurs morn.

well some of it got done and some didn't. Newest list is easy:

Hook this:

to this:

Buy ice and beer. Drive 1500 miles. Wheel for a week. Easy Peasy.

Just finished swapping in a Dana 44 and chromoly axles in the rear tonight. Tomorrow front ring and pinion swap, upper control arm bushings, rear brake line, wheel adapters, rock ring, ...

Gomer is "ready", or as ready as it's going to get. Noah is furiously at work rebuilding the deck on the trailer, and replacing all lighting and wiring. He took the easy way out on the tow Pig - went a bought a new one.

David Bricker / SYR

I am not so sure buying a new one is the easy way. Unless he won the lottery too.

After a couple of years of payments, high Kalifornia registration fees and insurance we can revisit the question. :confused1

Granted, I sure would like a new tow pig. This was Wednesday's project to keep things working properly:

DodgePedalProject5OPT.jpg

It spat out the e-clip on the clutch (read mostly inaccessible) side.

A month ago the driver's door wouldn't latch properly.

I still think it is easier to fix it than to buy a new one.

But a new one sure would be nice.

Assuming nothing else breaks on the tow pig, the biggest item remaining on my to-do list is getting a CB operational in Scope Creep. The CB I thought I was going to run has virtually no audio output, so I am borrowing a mobile unit from Varmint #1 (he is happy because this means he gets Anderson Power Poles added to it) and making an adapter plate and new mount so that it can go where my T-hunt radio would normally go. Then I have to figure out an antenna.

And I still need to unload the trailer and work on setting it up for sleeping accommodations.

I am not so sure buying a new one is the easy way. Unless he won the lottery too.

After a couple of years of payments, high Kalifornia registration fees and insurance we can revisit the question. :confused1

I said easy, not cheap. Signing one's life away at the dealer is easier than replacing rotors, pads, control arms, etc.

And yes, after some payments, he may rethink his choice.

David Bricker / SYR

Back