• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear axle wheel wobble

iluv83vettes

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 44 out of another cherokee that I did the crown vic disc swap. when I did the swap and put the longer studs in the axle shaft one of my lug nuts got messed up and wouldn't go on. No problem i thought i'll just run with 4 lugs until I get to O'rielly's and get another nut and then put it on there. So I'm driving there and I hear this pop noise and feel it jerk. well the one stud without a nut went back into the e-brake area and destroyed all that and the axle seal, so i get a new seal and bearings and all that and get them pressed on and fix the brakes. Every thing went in together great tonight and then I bled the brakes and went for a little test. After I drove down the driveway and back my friend asks me if my wheels normally wobble. I say no and tell him to drive down the driveway and back. I see the wheels wobbling in sync where the tops of both wheels go right then left and back like this
/----/

\----\

/----/

\----\
back and forth back and forth
so my thougts are that the diff is messed up because I don't know why the left wheel is wobbling when the right wheel was the one that popped.
Please help...

If they are wobbling back and forth, the problem can only be a couple things because it has to be something thats rotating, axleshafts or wheels.
You can determine which it is if you remove one wheel and turn it 180 degrees and see if the two sides still wobble back and forth together or seperately now.
Its hard for me to believe that a stud coming out would bend stuff like that. actually its hard for me to believe a stud came out. are you sure you arent having an issue with the longer studs like your wheels arent seating all the way or the backing plate or disc isnt seated.

My rear tire had wobble the right rear axle was bent how do bend an axle 225x15 tires and the best axle of all time dana 35.

Back