• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do your prep! Nut and Bolt check and fluids, etc

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Dont forget to do your nut and bolt check before SierraFest !

I just put a torque wrench on every suspension bolt the other night, still have a ton more to cover over the coming week, exhaust, motor mounts, lug nuts, trackbar , etc.

Also been changing fluids and what not.

Makes sure you have your safety and recovery gear, tools, spare sensors, spare parts.

...and don't forget your fire extinguisher!:flame:

Wow I found alot of bolts that probably shouldn't have been that loose.

The big surprise here for me was that I needed to top off both my diffs. Bolts were still tight but I'm glad I checked and there was a wire around my manual fan that was slowing it down. I know this because it was running a little hot and I thought it was just that the day was so much hotter. It feels good to know that the rig is 100% ready. Just wash, wax, and go.

found my front brake lines where kinked at the calipers and not allowing the piston to fully release, causing the brakes to drag. Ordered new longer lines.

Today I was installing some small aux offroad lights by splicing into my previous wiring harness from the lights I took off earlier in the year. I had also replaced my battery back then. When I did I mistakenly connected the ground wire of the harness to the positive terminal along with some other wires. I did not realize this until my new lights did not work but the wires started melting and nearly caught fire...

I've never been what I consider to be "skilled" at electrical, but that was beyond a rooky mistake. Stupid me.

Back